Metronome plug?

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
per

Metronome plug?

Postby per » Thu Oct 02, 2014 13:36

Hi all.

This is probably a no no for many Pyramix users :) but does anyone know of a good metronome VST plug-in that works with Pyramix?

Yours
Per
Sound Processing AB
Sweden

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Re: Metronome plug?

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Thu Oct 02, 2014 15:22

Hi, Per,

Why You don't use the metronome of Pyramix ? ? I know, it's not very easy, but...it works :)

(you can change the sounds, if you whant).

Best regards,

Bernard
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 SSD M2 Nvme for system; 1 SSD M2 Nvme for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.

per

Postby per » Thu Oct 02, 2014 15:44

Ah, thanks Bernard. I'd forgotten there even was one :)
I looked at it, but I think I need something a little bit more fancy :?
Per
Sound Processing AB
Sweden

klaukholm

Postby klaukholm » Fri Oct 03, 2014 17:51

Per, when the Pyramix metronome is not advanced enough I usually use two prerecorded audio click tracks. One will typically have the subdivisions or simply double time. This is very useful for tempochanges and for sneaking in subdivisions when the orchestral pulse starts drifting.

Importing midi tempomaps to pyramix is pretty simple BTW, what is it that is missing that you need?

per

Postby per » Fri Oct 03, 2014 23:21

Well, whenever I need a click I usually crete it (quick recording, copy and paste).
In this particular upcoming recording I will have to be able to easily change tempo and time, so in order to save the trouble of creating a large number of click tracks, I thought it would be easier to use a good click generator. Of course I could always use my iPhone... :)

Thanks Klaukholm
Per
Sound Processing AB
Sweden

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Wed Oct 08, 2014 05:01

The metronome menu in Pyramix was supposed to have been addressed a long time ago (years), when the Metronome toolbar settings were introduced. But never was until these days, despite detailed suggestions from some, me included, which is a shame to the dev team and makes that part of Pyramix a no go really.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card

Sanchillo

Postby Sanchillo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:23

Metronome Piramix work remains indispensable - it is very well heard when playing with headphones (drums. guitars, bass, etc.). At first, all you want to include the familiar sound of a la Cubase or ProTools, but then thanks for the very discerning click )))

AndrewB

Postby AndrewB » Thu Oct 30, 2014 23:06

per wrote:..whenever I need a click I usually crete it (quick recording, copy and paste).... I will have to be able to easily change tempo and time, so in order to save the trouble of creating a large number of click tracks, I thought it would be easier to use a good click generator....

This is one of the reasons why i quit using my older DAW !

Considering Pyramix has limited Midi capabilities, it should have the ability to sub-divide the metronome.

Per, you should post this topic in the suggestion forum.

per

Postby per » Thu Oct 30, 2014 23:43

Yes, there are certainly more things to be done with this metronome. Honestly, I think it's more of a technical tool than a musical tool.
I think you might be able to do some sub-divisions with the "grid" setting, but it takes a couple of tries to figure out how it works. The description in the manual on this subject is sparse :) (to say the least)

I have mentioned this to Merging.
Cheers
Per
Sound Processing AB
Sweden

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Fri Oct 31, 2014 09:39

Hi,

Yes, Per, I agree :) and when you have to elaborate a project with differents regions and differents Tempos/Signatures/numbers of Bars.... :twisted:

I have mentionned this to Merging too... but... I think it is not their priority, because they say that Pyramix is more a broadcast tool.

But in the Merging website, they say Pyramix is for recording, mixing, mastering... and for recording, in 90% of cases, you need a flexible metronome, especially with the actual complexity of the actual musical projects...

I have a "workaround" used by the "old" sound ingeneers...

- I use the first mixer strip as Metronome. I put it in record position.
- I set the parameters of the first region in "bars & beats settings"
- I record it.
- etc, etc...

in this way, I get clips of metronomes, and I can place them where I wish

It's an ooold method, but it works, and you can move them, copy them, and store them in a library etc...

Best regards,

Bernard
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 SSD M2 Nvme for system; 1 SSD M2 Nvme for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.