Pyramix repair utility

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Stephen Rinker

Pyramix repair utility

Postby Stephen Rinker » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:34

Hi

Someone told me there is a utility to repair damaged Pyramix media files. If that the case where can it be obtained from?

Thanks a lot

Stephen

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Re: Pyramix repair utility

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Mon Sep 29, 2014 13:21

Hi, Stephen,

this is from the Pyramix support section... from troubleshoots and tips... many time ago.

Hellow.
I use this recovery tool http://download.merging.com/beta/Associ ... er_2.0.zip
but in 1,3,5,7, etc channel I have a short white noise region. what am I doing wrong?

I create project with 10 mono strips, 1 stereo strip, and record 1-4, 7,8 and 11-12 (stereo mix).

If this can help you...

Best regards,
Bernard
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 SSD M2 Nvme for system; 1 SSD M2 Nvme for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.

Stephen Rinker

Postby Stephen Rinker » Mon Sep 29, 2014 15:32

Bernard

Thanks but I'm afraid that link is dead!

Thanks again

Stephen

fl

Postby fl » Mon Sep 29, 2014 16:29

That's because it's out of date - the Repair Utility is now (if I'm not mistaken) at version 3.0. That said, version 2.0 is still useful if you are repairing PMF files from version 7 or earlier. Version 3.0 is for the more recent file format which changed with Pyramix 8.

Just to make sure you get the appropriate version, make note of the version of Pyramix you used to create the files you wish to repair, and contact Merging Support, who can send you the appropriate version. support@merging.com

Why they haven't seen fit to include this with the basic installation, perhaps simplifying it and designing a GUI for it, is beyond me, but there it is. As it is, it is the definition of finicky, but if you get all the settings right, it works just as you could want.

The program will live in your C:/Program Files/Common Files/Merging Technology/MediaHandlers/ folder, and can only be run from there. You will need to know the file format (PMF, SD2 or WAV), word length, sample rate, whether it was recorded with the "generate wave form while recording" option, the recording Block Length that was set in the Pyramix Settings prior to recording, and the number of channels - all of which you enter by means of special numeric codes. The ReadMe which accompanies the file will tell all you need to know.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Stephen Rinker

Postby Stephen Rinker » Mon Sep 29, 2014 18:22

Frank

Thanks, your a star actually I did contact Merging about 4 hours ago and are waiting for a response. might try the local UK agents as well.

Cheers

Stephen