Masscore on Mac Pro (Silver box, not new black cylinder)

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
dshores

Masscore on Mac Pro (Silver box, not new black cylinder)

Postby dshores » Fri Mar 21, 2014 17:51

Hi All,

First post here. I am a new PMX user, and have 2 Native systems up and running with 2 Horuses. So far all is great. I am running both on Mac Pro towers (the prior generation, not the new one. My question is while everyone talks bout running Masscore n a Mac Book Pro with the Sonnet box, has anyone tried, and have any results on running masscore on a Mac Pro tower? Seems like the card would be easily installed for the ravenna network.

The big reason is so we can do more than 8 channels at DXD.

I know this is not a traditional approach and most will say " buy a PC" but at this point, having just purchased the converters, and 2 mastering packs, another computer is not in the cards right now.

THANKS!!

Dan Shores
Sono Luminus