Do you need Jog/Shuttle button?

Ramses MSC and Isis discussion forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Do you need Jog/Shuttle button?

Postby Masato.Y » Mon May 24, 2010 04:46

Hi everyone,

I think I don't need these buttons if there are simple functions like below.

i) When the cursor is stopped the Jog/shuttle wheel acts as jog.
ii) When the cursor is playing,FF or RWD the wheel acts as shuttle.

Only I need is selecting alternative between navigate mode and jog/shuttle mode. :D

What du you think about?
Thanks,

Masato.Y
Masato.Y

Re: Do you need Jog/Shuttle button?

Postby J.Wajer » Wed May 26, 2010 21:21

You mean the dedicated Jog and Shuttle toggle buttons on the Edit Bay? Yes, I have always thought of this as odd. But I never use them. I am a mouse and keyboard only user. This is by far the fastest way to navigate. And when I work with Tape Machines, I slave them to the PMX/Rames/Edit Bay combo, so the Tape just follows my moves. Only when recording to tape I revert to old-style jog/shuttle/ff/rew/lock-rec style Pyramix as slave.

I think the logistic of the Edit Bay is...erm.... seriously underdeveloped. I have the software to patch all the buttons to a logical spread, but I cant find the time to implement it. It is a rather difficult process and I will need to have a blank Edit Bay overlay too.

I do use the View Select quite often. I love the edit button, use that a lot. And of course the wonderful jogwheel.
...Gracefully Ignored...
J.Wajer

Postby Masato.Y » Tue Jun 01, 2010 05:44

Yes, I'm talking about the Edit Bay.

J.Wajer wrote:I think the logistic of the Edit Bay is...erm.... seriously underdeveloped.

I think so, too. 8)

J.Wajer wrote: I have the software to patch all the buttons to a logical spread, but I cant find the time to implement it. It is a rather difficult process and I will need to have a blank Edit Bay overlay too

I also do it and feel same thing. :lol:

J.Wajer wrote:I love the wonderful jogwheel.

Exactly! :D

Masato.Y
Masato.Y

Postby Jose Raposo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 23:35

J.Wajer wrote: I have the software to patch all the buttons to a logical spread, but I cant find the time to implement it. It is a rather difficult process and I will need to have a blank Edit Bay overlay too.

Hi Jaap, Finally I am testing my Ramsés and edit bay...not properly connected because my Horus only arrives, I hope, at the first week of May. I think the Ramsés Forum will gone be alive again;)
Do you spoke about a software to modify/patch all the buttons of edit bay to a logical spread, like on isis I think, where we can find this software?

Many thanks in advance and Best Regards,
José Raposo
Sound Station - Lisboa, Portugal
http://www.soundstation.pt

Core i7-3930K CPU@ 3.20 GHz
Board DX79SI
Graphics AMD FirePro 2460
Pyr 9.1.5@64
Masscore-Horus-Ravenna
Masscore-Hapi-Ravenna
Ramses 16 Controller
Isis Controller
Jose Raposo

Return to Merging Controllers (Ramses MSC - Isis)