Best position of Keyboard

Ramses MSC and Isis discussion forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Best position of Keyboard

Postby Masato.Y » Sun Jan 11, 2009 09:03

I'm wondering where is the best position of qwerty keyboard.

When I'm in mixing there is the keyboard at right position of Ramses because I feel front of faders is annoying.
However I usuallly hold the mouse in right hand so when I need to touch the keyboard (shift,ctrl,alt etc.keys) I use left hand and my hand is crossing.

If you can reduce the actions with mouse I feel much cofortable.

Regards,

Masato.Y
Masato.Y

Re: Best position of Keyboard

Postby J.Wajer » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:08

I have three 16*9 screen to the left of my Ramses where my keyboard and the Edit Bay is situated. I have a nearfield sweetspot in between those screens for editing purposes. I have reserved 25 cm space for the Ramses. When I am done editing I switch to my main sweetspot in the centre of the Ramses. Allthough I have plenty space for the keyboard, I hardly ever use it. I can control the PMX through the transport controls on the Ramses. Also, I have two mice attached, one on each far end of the desc :)
...Gracefully Ignored...
J.Wajer

Postby Masato.Y » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:22

It's a good Idea to attach two mice.

Recently I set the keyboard on the console, to the right of monitor panel. My keyboard is mini-key board and a right half of it is out of console, so I put a base under the right half. It's a nice position so far.

Best,

Masato.Y
Masato.Y

Postby maurice » Sun Jul 12, 2009 23:22

Hello,

The problems I could notice with reduced size keyboards are that you loose a lot of precision to reach the CTRL/ALT etc modifiers. Further more you then don't get the ability to have the numpad which provides you with many transport functions - of course you may modify those shortcuts - when you are in your "edit section" of your studio

Regards

Maurice
maurice

Postby Masato.Y » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:15

Hello Maurice,

Thank you for your reply!

I understand you said. But I want to operate every command from the edit-bay rather than from Keyboard.
If I can operate every command from the edit-bay, I must do with keyboard is only typing text.
Reducing the alternating operation with mouse,keyboard and edit-bay will make me more comfortable.

Regards,

Masato.Y
Masato.Y

Postby Masato.Y » Thu Nov 05, 2009 06:01

Hi,

Recently , I've been using a trackball (Kensington Orbit optical).
It's comfortable than a mouse.

Cheers,

Masato.Y
Masato.Y

Postby Masato.Y » Mon Nov 09, 2009 18:09

Oops! The orbit optical doesn't have scroll wheel.

Masato.Y
Masato.Y

Postby Masato.Y » Mon Nov 30, 2009 05:29

I've returned to a mouse user.
Because of I felt a pain in my middle finger and arm though it was comfortable to use a trackball for selecting commands.
I'm still seeking the best positions of Keyboard,mause and Edit-Bay.

Cheers!

Masato.Y
Masato.Y

Postby J.Wajer » Sat Dec 05, 2009 01:41

This is the layout in my Studio. Three 16*9 screens, the Edit Bay in the middle, with room for keyboard and mice (on both sides, not wireless!), three micpre's within reach (I do a lot of voice recordings) and my precious M6000 to the right. :D

The Ramses-24 is to my right. Alas the monitor section is not within reach, so that is a real pain. The upper active panel I hardly ever touch. Also because the touchscreen interface has too many small letters for my eyes and the 2*4 dual rotary knobs have no real relation to the parameter you are tweaking, very counterintuitive.

And this is my Studio (in Blue)
...Gracefully Ignored...
J.Wajer

Postby Masato.Y » Tue Dec 08, 2009 08:52

Jaap,

What a fantastic studio!

Your edit bay is mounted in the desk so seems have large room for mice and Keyboard.
I think it is nice plan.
My edit bay is on the desktop with proprietary furniture and small room is left on the desktop for them.

My edit bay and 2LCDs are right of Ramses. LCDs are mounted with arms I can choose better positions for editing or mixing.

Masato.Y
Masato.Y

Postby jasonflord25 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 08:26

Wow nice studio you got there.If every ones got one like that hell they will make more great outputs.
jasonflord25

Return to Merging Controllers (Ramses MSC - Isis)