Ramses touch screen display not working

Ramses MSC and Isis discussion forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
jcdevine

Ramses touch screen display not working

Postby jcdevine » Thu Feb 27, 2014 13:10

My touch screen has recently died (it is permanently black) Is there any way to attach a monitor as I want to update the software?

Jose Raposo

Re: Ramses touch screen display not working

Postby Jose Raposo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 01:52

Hello,
I did this question, in 2012, about the 9 pin socket you have in the rear pannell of the Ramses console but anyone reply, Merging or SmartAv. I think in early smart consoles this is a output for monitor display but the output format is very old, not like the SVGA display or more recent.
Pearhaps something inside your console it is unplugged!!! It is only the display that do not works?

Best Regards,
José Raposo
Sound Station - Lisboa, Portugal
http://www.soundstation.pt

Core i9-9900KK CPU@ 3.60 GHz
Board ASROCK Z390 Pro4I
Graphics Asus Radeon RX 580 AREZ Dual 8GB OC
Pyr 25th@64
Masscore-Horus-Ravenna
Masscore-Hapi-Ravenna
Tango 2 SmartAv

jcdevine

Postby jcdevine » Fri Mar 21, 2014 19:07

Thanks for the reply. Think the 9pin on the back is for Sony machine control. Anyway my problem came from a bad power supply. I had jittering faders and the desk would just switch off by itself.

I opened the desk up today and replaced the power supply and that seems to have cured my problem. Unfortunately the old power supply seems to have done permanent damage to the touch screen. It wont come to life at all. Fortunately when I opened the desk up there was a pretty standard motherboard with a VGA connection that ran to the touch screen. I unplugged it and connected a VGA cable that now hangs out of the back of the desk. I can connect it to a monitor now when ever I need it.

I didn't use the touch screen facility anyway so I'm not to bothered.

Thanks again for the reply!

Jose Raposo

Postby Jose Raposo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 23:52

Hello can you tell e what kind of monitor you had connected to the motherboard.

Many thanks,
José Raposo
Sound Station - Lisboa, Portugal
http://www.soundstation.pt

Core i9-9900KK CPU@ 3.60 GHz
Board ASROCK Z390 Pro4I
Graphics Asus Radeon RX 580 AREZ Dual 8GB OC
Pyr 25th@64
Masscore-Horus-Ravenna
Masscore-Hapi-Ravenna
Tango 2 SmartAv