No sound output VCube 2.1.23

Welcome to the VCube discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Ben Wood

No sound output VCube 2.1.23

Postby Ben Wood » Tue Dec 15, 2009 13:15

Hi all

I've got sound on my standard DV Quicktimes and if I look at the playback monitor section of the output tab I can see the meters bouncing.
Just can't hear anything. I tried enabling the audio setting and using the 'ASIO 4 ALL' driver which dutifully pops up. I tried changing the audio outputs on the audio tracks on the left side of the timeline window, but this tends to crash VCube.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ben Wood
Big Bang Post Production

Paulo M

Re: No sound output VCube 2.1.23

Postby Paulo M » Tue Dec 15, 2009 14:10

Hi Ben, same thing here on one of the Vcubes XE´s. It seems that there is a problem with VCube being launched with ASIO suport, so you´re not alone.

My turnaround was to launch it with Mykerinos suport from the first time it was launched. To do this, you need to go to Program Files/Merging/Vcube and locate the VCubereset file. Click on it and the next time you open VCube it´s like it is the first time. Select Mykerinos suport instead of XE, LE etc.

Hope it helps until Merging comes up with a fix for the ASIO issue.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card

Ben Wood

Re: No sound output VCube 2.1.23

Postby Ben Wood » Tue Dec 15, 2009 14:56

Thanks Paulo for the quick reply.
Unfortunately I only have VCube LE and no Mykerinos cards. I've got a work around but using VLC player to export just the audio and importing that as a guide to Pyramix.

All the best

Ben Wood
Big Bang Post Production