VCube capture: missed frames!

Welcome to the VCube discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
AkaiDD

VCube capture: missed frames!

Postby AkaiDD » Wed Jun 17, 2009 13:33

Hi,
Recently have found a bug that really upsets..((
While capturing video in any 625/pal format (no matter which codec and also whether chasing or not)
resulting files have missed frames (4-6 frames for 20min reel).
The "stop on error" option gives nothing - the system records entire reel with no error report or stop,
but with missed frames.
The system is HD2K turnkey and shows this bug in all Vcube versions from 1.3 to 2.1 beta.
Both video source (BetaSP with external Component-to-SDI converter or DigiBeta) and Vcube are properly clocked with Genlock and WC from the same syncronizer (Rosendahl NanoSyncHD).

Also found that newly created project or opening of existing one does not properly recalls Xena card video format.
If, for example, I work with 1080p/24 project and than switch to pal/625/50 project - Xena remains in 1080-state.
Regards, Max Romasevitch
MELNITSA Animation Studio

J.Wajer

Re: VCube capture: missed frames!

Postby J.Wajer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 16:28

Same here! I always thought I was doing something wrong....arghh. I sometimes miss 1 frame for each 20 minutes. Indeed no complaints from VCube. My workaround is: check and recheck VCube against DIGImaster after recording.

Sync settings: Rosendahl Nanosync WC clocked from Vref SPG HouseSync. VCube (SD) Clockmaster in VT, BVW500 Master through RS422, PMX Timecode Master and auto chasing through transport control. Grabbing enbedded SDI from DIGI.

On a sidenote: with stop on error on and rewinding to regrab, VCube punches not always to the right frame. Sometimes it is one or two frames of.

Merging: no we cannot reproduce this problem, ok?
...Gracefully Ignored...

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 16:12

Happened again today. VCube dropped two frames within 30 seconds! From one missing frame, it only captured the lowest videoline.

All settings are correct, grabbing SDI from DIGIbeta, VCube Clock Master, PMX Timecode Master chasing to BWV500 (DIGI)

Response?
...Gracefully Ignored...

AkaiDD

Postby AkaiDD » Fri Jun 26, 2009 22:24

Sad.....
Now I'm using silly DSPlayer for capture....
Regards, Max Romasevitch

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 13:08

Build 2.1.21.637: Frame skip bug is still there! argh... digitized a 50 Minutes show today and it is one frame too long now!...but where???
...Gracefully Ignored...

AkaiDD

Postby AkaiDD » Fri Oct 30, 2009 15:23

Same here.. 6 frames missed within one 20-mins reel..
Poor DSPlayer works better.. :mrgreen:
Regards, Max Romasevitch

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Fri Nov 06, 2009 14:34

Merging? Any word on this? I cannot deliver MxF-Video Masters nor DVD Masters this way.....
...Gracefully Ignored...