Sync Problem with VT

Welcome to the VCube discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Masato.Y

Sync Problem with VT

Postby Masato.Y » Sun Feb 22, 2009 08:53

HI,
I use a VCube and a PMX with VT(virtual transport). I Usually set "follow VT" on.
When I 'm editing on PMX sometimes VCube runs in vari-speed so not in sync with PMX.
I set "follow VT" off then VCube runs in normal speed but when I repeat rewind and fast forward on PMX VT stops different position from PMX.
Is it bug?

Thanks for your help.

Masato.Y

phaseboy

Re: Sync Problem with VT

Postby phaseboy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 00:33

Hello Masato.Y

Few questions:

1) Are you running pmx and vcube on a single or multiple computers?

2) If two computers what is each machine clocking from?

3) What sample-rate and frame-rate are you working at?

I have been unable to duplicate your problem, but our set-ups may be completely different.

Best,

Mark
Mark S. Willsher
http://www.pin3hot.com

Masato.Y

Postby Masato.Y » Tue Mar 10, 2009 09:21

Hello Mark

Thanks for your reply.
1) Are you running pmx and vcube on a single or multiple computers?
2) If two computers what is each machine clocking from?

My pmx and Vcube are running on each computer (2 computers).
Each machine is locking on video reference and PMX is set in clockmaster/timecode master and VCube is set in clockmaster/follow VT(not timecode master).

3) What sample-rate and frame-rate are you working at?

I'm working at 48khz / 29.97dfs .

Thanks for your help.

Masato.Y

phaseboy

Postby phaseboy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 19:29

Hello Masato.Y

As I rarely ff/rw (since I use my keyboard mouse for locating/playing etc... as opposed to the transport panel on my controller) I don't really experience these issues. However:

Masato.Y wrote:I set "follow VT" off then VCube runs in normal speed but when I repeat rewind and fast forward on PMX VT stops different position from PMX.
Is it bug?

This definitely happens - in this case the v-cube will not necessarily park where pyramix stops after play/ff/rew.

Masato.Y wrote:When I 'm editing on PMX sometimes VCube runs in vari-speed so not in sync with PMX.

This I cannot seem to reproduce. You said you are working at 29.97 locked to video ref. Is the actual video you are working from 29.97? or is it something else 23.98, 24 etc...? Is it possible that you could send me a screenshot of both your pyramix and v-cube screens with the vt clients window open as well? And the information window open in addition for the video file on the vcube? mark@pin3hot.com

Best

Mark
Mark S. Willsher
http://www.pin3hot.com

Masato.Y

Postby Masato.Y » Thu Mar 12, 2009 05:36

Hi Mark

Thank you for taking the trouble to solve my problem.
The video ref is deliverd from sync generator of our video editing suite. It is actualy working at 29.97.
However,my problem have happend at every editing work.

I have an another PMX and Vcube system that working on one computer.
It have not happend the problem.

I sent the screenshots to your address.

Best,

Masato.Y