Vcube LE Specs

Welcome to the VCube discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Paulo M

Vcube LE Specs

Postby Paulo M » Sun Feb 01, 2009 18:54

Hi Laurent, I need your advice on the following, if you don´t mind:

I´m thinking of buying a Vcube LE to install on my PMX Masscore, but have some doubts about the specs of what´s included and what´s an option.

I need to read AVI, MPEG 1 & 2, WMV, Quicktime and DV Pal25
I need to import OMF, Finalcut and AAF

I have a Parhelia APVe here, can I overlay the video out to an external monitor by Composite video as I do at the moment with DS Video Player through the Matrox video comp out? As Quicktime does not suport video overlay I´m in doubt about this issue.

Can I later upgrade to Vcube SE, so that I can export and render?

Thanks for your help.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card

alphie
Site Admin

Re: Vcube LE Specs

Postby alphie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:48

A VCube LE owner would need to contact their local reseller and order the following software :
VCube LE software - VCB-LE
IMX/MPEG option - VSO-IMX-MPG
AAF Interchange - VSO-AAF
Apple (Final Cut Pro) XML Interchange - VSO-FCP-XML

The Matrox APVe does allow for the output of the preview windows of VCube through its composite output to an external monitor as you describe regaurdless of the source vieo in the time line (including QuickTime video).

The commercial product title "VCube SE" means "software edition" but also implies the purchase of an AJA video board in addition to enabling the render and conversion functions of VCube if you were considering upgrading to SE from LE. If you simply wish to activate the render and conversion processes of VCube in an exsisting LE version but do not require an AJA video board in your system you could opt for the XE version which is the software only version of VCube with render and conversion functions active. However the XE version is not that much more expensive than the LE. Why not just start with XE if you are planning to add so many interchange options? It sounds like that station is intended to really get a lot of video related work done.

Paulo M

Re: Vcube LE Specs

Postby Paulo M » Mon Oct 19, 2009 00:38

Hi Alphie, thanks for your reply. As you noticed, my post is a bit older, so meanwhile, I just ordered a Vcube XE with IMX/MPEG option, following an evaluation period of the software.

Indeed, all the Pyramix at the studio are working for post as for music, so I was really needing a more complete video tools than DS Video Player that has been used until now.

I will probably upgrade for Core 2 Quad as I got some instability while trying the program. Running a Core2 Duo at the moment and PMX V6.1 MR1 Masscore. Maybe the MR1 of Vcube is more stable now.

Thanks
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card