Avid to Vcube, What format?

Welcome to the VCube discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Avid to Vcube, What format?

Postby Julian Gough » Tue Apr 04, 2006 21:35

This question comes up as a result of a thread on the Pyramix forum, concerning problems with playing .avi files generated by Avid.

We often use Pyramix to do a multitrack remix following a video edit. The multitrack is conformed using the EDL provided by the video post facility. We then mix using the pictures supplied on tape.

We don't have a Vcube at the moment, but I recently hired a facility which did. We had a few minor problems which caused a question on this forum, but once we had got over that, everything was great. We generated our own video file from the tape.

We are now thinking about getting our own Vcube, but only if the video post facility are able to export a file from their Avid, hand it over to us on a drive and are then able to import that file onto the timeline.

So my question is, what should I request from the video post facility in terms of file type? What I want to avoid is the video post having to play out the edited programme in real time. Often the programme can be of several hours, so a file export would save them a lot of time.

I know this question concerns Avid as well as Vcube, but they are so common these days, I am hoping that someone here will know.

Regards,

Julian
Julian Gough

Postby Laurent Sevestre » Wed Apr 05, 2006 09:31

Hello Julian,

The current VCube version needs a non embedded consolidated OMF2 project.
See also the online user manual at http://vcube.merging.com/Pages/Help/VCube_and_Avid.html

Laurent
Laurent Sevestre

Return to VCube General