Horus: Secondary Device ASIO Bridge Monitoring

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
DJS

Horus: Secondary Device ASIO Bridge Monitoring

Postby DJS » Sun Sep 01, 2013 00:16

Dear Team Horus,

I am trying to get a secondary monitoring arrangement setup where Horus is remotely located at the stage and I want to monitor out of PMX via the secondary ASIO device on the laptop, it is a Sound Devices USB Pre 2. SD ASIO 64bit driver installed

In a nutshell, I am getting tiny clicks in all the audio channels monitoring out of PMX. When monitoring from Horus (headphone jack) there are no clicks, clean as a whistle. I played around with the latency settings in the Ravenna ASIO control panel, only 512 samples seems to work at 1FS.

Anyone got this remote secondary monitoring working well yet. All the latest PMX software, drivers and Horus firmware. Windows 7 64, PMX 8.1.8.

Also, in the ASIO Control Panel, a red message comes up "Network Throttling should be disabled" but of course no hints at how to go about doing this. (Computer nerds!!)
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

Bernhard Guettler

Re: Horus: Secondary Device ASIO Bridge Monitoring

Postby Bernhard Guettler » Sun Sep 08, 2013 08:07

Drop Ricardo at Merging a note about your problem, he can give you a fix. rryan (at) merging.com
Last edited by Bernhard Guettler on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

Larry Elliott

Postby Larry Elliott » Sun Sep 08, 2013 21:59

I too am looking for a solution to this also? Is anyone actually using this method? If so, with what hardware?
Thanks
Larry

Larry Elliott

Postby Larry Elliott » Sun Sep 15, 2013 03:06

Pleased to advise that after a collaborative effort with David Sperritt, Robert Hindley (our dealer) and Ricardo Ryan, now have this working Phew!!!

DJS

Postby DJS » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:21

The problem was the USBPre2 didn't like being plugged into the USB3 port on my ASUS G73SW laptop.

The Ploytec USBPre2 driver and the Fresco Logic USB3 controller did not like each other. Symptoms, installation of USBPre2 ASIO driver not smooth, sometimes didn't rediscover the device when unplugging and plugging in, the ASIO ControlPanel hung when changing sample rates, or when loading a different sample rate project to the prevailing sample rate setting on the USBPre2.

When the USBPre2 was plugged into a USB2 port, all was well. Works perfectly now.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

AndrewB

Postby AndrewB » Sat Dec 14, 2013 06:34

DJS wrote:... Windows 7 64, PMX 8.1.8.
.... in the ASIO Control Panel, a red message comes up "Network Throttling should be disabled" but of course no hints at how to go about doing this.

Encountered same warning notice with Horus via Ravenna/Asio. (No Secondary Device)

The problem stems from Multimedia Class Scheduler. (Disabling MMCS may however cause other problems with on board sound devices etc.) Also note the MMSC feature is not available in Win XP.

The best solution is to disable Multimedia Class Scheduler's network throttling feature while leaving the MMSC service running.

Open regedit (Start Menu - Search programs - "regedit" - run)
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10. Set the value to FFFFFFFF hexadecimal (will look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)
Reboot

ASIO Control Panel message gone.

More information:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1043281

klaukholm

Postby klaukholm » Sat Dec 14, 2013 16:29

I can confirm that this is the fix for this issue, atleast on the two computers where we have seen this issue