Recording to Timecode with Horus and Native

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Julian Gough

Recording to Timecode with Horus and Native

Postby Julian Gough » Wed Jul 24, 2013 00:30

While my Masscore system is away working, I've been playing with connecting Native and Horus using the supplied ASIO drivers.

All fairly straight forward I'm pleased to say but I stumbled with getting Pyramix Native to see LTC timecode from Horus.

According to Andrew at eMerging (the UK dealer) the secret is rtpMIDI

http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html

this little program converts the timecode information in the Ravenna protocol to MIDI timecode. There is a bit of configuring to be done to tell rtpMIDI where to look, then you need to tell Native to look for MTC and it all springs into life.

I've not used it in a real recording as yet so only can only report that on looping the TCout back into TCin, the reader under General Settings can see the timeline timecode coming back on itself.

I know this is not the most detailed description but I managed to make it work using less, so hopefully anyone trying the same shouldn't find it too difficult.

Best,

Julian

Graemme

Re: Recording to Timecode with Horus and Native

Postby Graemme » Wed Jul 24, 2013 03:06

Julian,

Thanks very much for this; very helpful (so is now a sticky...)
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"