Static Envelope Track Gain in MultiChannel Clip

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Static Envelope Track Gain in MultiChannel Clip

Postby DJS » Fri Nov 16, 2012 00:39

For the life of me I cannot work out how to restrict gain envelope changes to a particular stereo track in a multichannel clip. When I set the gain envelope it sets it for all channels in the clip. I assume that I need to select the track before adjusting the envelope to restrict the gain change to that track. If I press control while clicking to select one stereo track, I can't get it to select both channels of the stereo track. Holding down control while clicking the tracks, which according to Windows standard keyboard shortcuts, should allow discontinuous selection, doesn't.

Driving me nuts. It's got to be easier than this. Any help much appreciated. How does one adjust track gain in a multichannel clip, when a track is stereo. Actually, in essence, my question is, how does one discontinuously select clip parts (channels) in a multichannel timeline clip without having to ungroup the multichannel clip. I though it would be just a matter of holding down control while left clicking.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia
DJS

Re: Static Envelope Track Gain in MultiChannel Clip

Postby J.Wajer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 08:56

Without ungrouping I think this is impossible.
...Gracefully Ignored...
J.Wajer

Postby charlienyc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 08:57

hi,
there is a way to select a single track, then drag the selection up or down to an adjacent track. Tim details a similar procedure here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7033&p=22983#p22983

i have used this technique successfully to make gain changes on pairs of tracks. it will only apply to the selected tracks, even when grouped. you don't need to select the entire clip, only a piece of any track in which you want to change the gain. i believe modifying envelope data, as in Tim's post, only applies the change to the selected area of tracks.

try it out and see if it fixes your problem. if not, i'm sure you can build a macro that "grows" the selection up or down to other tracks within a clip. you could also perhaps post something in the suggestions forum to select a stereo track within a clip.
cheers,
-c
2x MassCore v10.1.4 Win7/64 i5-3450
3x Horus w/3 AD8p, 6 AD8, 1 DA8, 2 DA8p
Native v10.1.4 Win7/64 Pro i7 HP
Native v10.1.4 Win10 Bootcamp Mac Mini i5-4278U 2.6GHz
Native V8.1 Win7/32 Xeon 3520 2.67GHz RME HDSP MADI
Native V8.1 Win7/32 ThinkPad R61
charlienyc

Postby DJS » Sat Nov 17, 2012 00:02

Many thanks. I will make a suggestion that cntrl-left click would be a good way to select discontinuous tracks in a group for gain changes. This would bring it in line with standard Windows conventions. Lord only knows what we will do when all these daft touch OS's come in.

BTW, Tim's method from that other thread will save some time and be a workaround for now.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia
DJS

Return to Pyramix Native