Sonnet Echo thunderbolt PCIe chassis

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Sonnet Echo thunderbolt PCIe chassis

Postby simonbenn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:04

Hi,

I'm been using V6 native on a 2008 macbook pro using bootcamp with various interfaces for a few years, and have also used Dell desktop boxes with an RME madi card - which has always worked great. Have recently acquired a new macbook pro with thunderbolt and am considering a RME madi FX card - 3 madi streams into one card and would like to use the Sonnet Echo chassis to house it and thunderbolt it to macbook for a 100+ channel portable system.

Does anyone have any experience with these PCIe - thunderbolt chassis working on bootcamp (there's nothing on the sonnet website)? I'm hoping that if Windows 7 will see the card Pyramix will probably be fine (once I've upgraded to 7...)

I have seen various users on here using Magma chassis over express card - but wondering if anyone has tried any PCIe over thunderbolt yet?

Thanks,

Simon
simonbenn

Return to Pyramix Native