MP3 anomalies in 7.1.10

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
RickTarrant

MP3 anomalies in 7.1.10

Postby RickTarrant » Fri Apr 13, 2012 17:08

Greetings fellow PMX users.
I am having a problem mixing to MP3 format since I upgraded to version 7.1.10 (build 16157)

In version 7.0 I would mix to MP3 format with no problems. It played nice in multiple programs and platforms.

Now in 7.1.10 when I open the MP3 file in another program… like Adobe Audition - the last minute or so of the 54 minute program is truncated. But …if I open the same file in iTunes the audio will play in its entirety but the time line stops progressing about 35 - 45 seconds before the audio ends. Another iTunes anomaly is I can't fast forward through mp3 audio mixed in 7.1.10

When I upload the audio as a podcast – it seems to playback fine in a variety of browsers and platforms.

I wonder if this has something to do with LAME 3.98 vs the earlier version.

The workaround, of course, is to mix a WAV file and use another encoder but it has been convenient to mix to mp3 within PMX.

Shorter pieces like :30 promos seem to be okay. But the longer audio is problematic.

Thanks for any thoughts.

---
Win 7 Pro
SP 1
CPU Q9505 @ 2.83 GHz
RAM 4 GB
PMX 7.1.10 16157
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 11.0.6 [native]