Clip Gain Keyboard shortcuts

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Clip Gain Keyboard shortcuts

Postby RickTarrant » Fri Jan 06, 2012 00:26

Hola,

I am trying to figure out why my keyboard shortcuts for the Static Gain window is not working and thought perhaps someone might have a solution. On page 5-101 of the PMX manual it says you can use key strokes to adjust clip gain. UP/DOWN - Shift+UP/DOWN - Control+Shift+UP/DOWN.

That would be a lot handier than clicking or even typing in values.

Any thoughts?

Rick
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 10.2 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220
RickTarrant

Re: Clip Gain Keyboard shortcuts

Postby J.Wajer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:24

Every PMX window has its own focus, c.q. it's own shortcuts. If you click for example a clip in the Media Manager and hit enter, it starts playing the selected clip from the MM; if you hit enter on the main timeline, it starts playing your composition.
So, the shortcut for Clip gain only works if you have focus (i.e. clicked) on the main composition timeline. Or: assign the shortcut to a different key using Settings/Keyboard shortcut Editor.
...Gracefully Ignored...
J.Wajer

Postby RickTarrant » Fri Apr 13, 2012 23:48

I still haven't figured this one out. When I click on a clip and hit "G" to open the static gain fader... the commands listed in the manual do not have any effect on the gain level. I have to manually click on the fader and drag it with the mouse or track pad. Is there any way to get the keystroke commands to work? Maybe there is a preference I can adjust?

thanks

Rick
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 10.2 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220
RickTarrant

Postby Graemme » Mon Apr 16, 2012 08:52

Hi Rick,

The keyboard shortcuts don't work here, either. At least not in the static clip gain window. Where they do work is in the mixer. I recall having conversations with Merging about implementing this feature in the mixer, but not the clip window, even though it's clearly described as such in the manual (???)

Graemme

RickTarrant wrote:I still haven't figured this one out. When I click on a clip and hit "G" to open the static gain fader... the commands listed in the manual do not have any effect on the gain level. I have to manually click on the fader and drag it with the mouse or track pad. Is there any way to get the keystroke commands to work? Maybe there is a preference I can adjust?

thanks

Rick
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"
Graemme

Postby RickTarrant » Mon Apr 16, 2012 17:41

Thanks Graemme. I'm glad to know it's not just me. I will send an email directly and see if they can implement it as described in the manual. The less I have to touch a mouse and click and drag the happier my wrists will be. Plus, if it's hardwired into PMX commands then it can be turned into a macro! :D
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 10.2 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220
RickTarrant

Return to Pyramix Native