Waveform during import not building completely

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Waveform during import not building completely

Postby BCMusic » Sat Sep 24, 2011 19:46

That's it really. It only builds the first 15-20 seconds of the track. Any idea how to fix it?

EDIT: Somehow I figured it out. Which leads me to a couple questions. Does Pyramix allow the waveform to be built following the marker position? Also, what is the method of building the waveform right after importing? I'm still reading the manual so I'll probably figure it out later.
BCMusic

Re: Waveform during import not building completely

Postby fl » Sun Sep 25, 2011 17:38

BCMusic wrote:Does Pyramix allow the waveform to be built following the marker position? Also, what is the method of building the waveform right after importing? I'm still reading the manual so I'll probably figure it out later.

Which version of Pyramix are you using?
Operating system?
Graphics hardware?
Computer?
Is the waveform display blanking happening during Record, or when the file is already imported to a Timeline Track?

Does the partial waveform display persist when you change the Zoom? In the Trimmer in the Media Manager Tab, is the partial waveform display shown there, or the whole thing, or nothing?

What file format are you using? If it's PMF then the waveform data is contained within the file itself. If it's WAV, then Pyramix generates a separate file to contain the waveform information - PK2. Sometimes you have to quit Pyramix, go into your Media folder and delete the PK2 file(s), and then rebuild them once you've relaunched Pyramix.

To do that, you right click on a mounted clip, and in the pop-up menu, go to Display > Generate Waveform. Is that how you got it to work?
I'm not in front of my system just now, but I believe you can also do this in the Media Manager tab (Mounted Folders > Refresh Media Folder).

Generally, waveform generation is automatic upon recording or importing, but sometimes (and I've seen this more often since upgrading to version 7.0), no waveform is displayed, and I have to do it as described above. I don't believe you can selectively choose a small section of a mounted clip to have its waveform displayed - it's all or nothing, as far as I know - if that is what you're asking about "following the marker position"... (Which kind of marker - Regular or CD?)
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.0.5/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.122
fl

Return to Pyramix Native