Maintaining fades when pasting clips

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Maintaining fades when pasting clips

Postby Ben Wood » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:31

Hi, Just a quick question about pasting clips. Often I have a clip of the correct duration with fades, I duplicate the clip (using f and drag) to a different channel but I'd like to paste in different sound. If I use 'fill selection' it creates a clip of the correct duration but takes and fades from the original clip in the clipboard rather than the destination clips fades.

Just quickly thinking about it, I can't really think of a situaltion where I'd want to take the fades from the source clip.
I'm forgetting you can drag out the desired clip from a library while holding control which has the desired effect but it means I'd have to individually locate the sound from the library each time. Its quicker to have one or more clips ready to be pasted already on the timeline

Hope this makes sense

Many Thanks

Ben Wood
Ben Wood

Return to Pyramix Native