native and 3 outputs

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

native and 3 outputs

Postby TBR » Fri Aug 19, 2011 21:44

Hi

Rather silly question ...
I've alway's used my native set with 2 speakers. But now I'd like to install a center speaker.
If I have the correct sound card, does Native support more then 2 outputs ?

thx wart
TBR

Re: native and 3 outputs

Postby fl » Sat Aug 20, 2011 02:09

TBR wrote:If I have the correct sound card, does Native support more then 2 outputs ?

Sure, provided your audio interface and its ASIO driver have the required number of outputs.

Probably the easiest way to set this up is to use a Surround Bus as the main output of your mixer. Just don't pan anything to the rear speakers. Set up your output patches in the Monitor, and then configure your mixer to taste. Details in Chapters 10 and 11 in the Manual.

(Note that this is true for versions 6 and 7, whereas Surround Mixing was a paid add-on to version 5.)
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.0.5/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.122
fl

Postby TBR » Fri Aug 26, 2011 18:13

Hi,

I succeeded to get 3 outputs from Pyramix, but while trying to have the volume knob on the sound card (TC-Electronics konnekt 24D) control all outputs (you can't to my findings) Pyramix started to act real strange. The session would just close and start itself again in a loop. Still working on it ......
But I wanted to let you know it worked (sort off)

thanks !!!!!
cheers
TBR

Postby fl » Fri Aug 26, 2011 18:23

TBR wrote:the volume knob on the sound card (TC-Electronics konnekt 24D) control all outputs (you can't to my findings) Pyramix started to act real strange.

Sounds like your issue is with the Konnekt ASIO driver - perhaps changing the output level interrupts some necessary connection between it and Pyramix, but I'm just guessing. In the meantime, you can control your listening level with Pyramix's Monitor controller, while you contact TC Electronics for assistance. Another option would be to purchase some form of analog ganged potentiometer situated between your interface's output and the inputs to your amplifiers/powered speakers.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.0.5/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.122
fl

Return to Pyramix Native