insert and ripple?

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

insert and ripple?

Postby RickTarrant » Tue Apr 12, 2011 22:12

Hi guys,

This is pretty basic but I haven't figured it out yet.

How do I paste and ripple All of the tracks in my project... not just the target track?

I want to insert a 30 commercial on a stereo track but have all the elements on other tracks slide over 30 seconds as well.

Thanks

Rick
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 10.2 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220
RickTarrant

Re: insert and ripple?

Postby Paulo M » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:50

If you make all your tracks part of a track group, inserting your stereo clip on a stereo track(s) will force all clips on other tracks to ripple, providing you have Ripple activated. There are probably other ways, but not in front of Pyramix now.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card
Paulo M

Re: insert and ripple?

Postby phaseboy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 18:39

Place an the in marker where you want to add the time - place the out marker 30s after this.
Set Auto-Ripple to On.
Do a select all between marks (Ctrl-B by default I believe).
Do an insert silence.

This will ripple everything on all tracks including markers - then you can disable autoripple and insert the audio you're adding.

This is a bit of an extra step, but it's the best way I have found to ensure that everything behaves as I expect.

Regards,

Mark
Mark S. Willsher
http://www.pin3hot.com
phaseboy

Return to Pyramix Native