OMF Export Error

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Ben Wood

OMF Export Error

Postby Ben Wood » Thu Dec 17, 2009 13:52

*EDIT* The OMF export keeps omitting cues from my embedded OMFs. It doesn't flag up any errors at the end.

The OMF export option has always been rock solid till 6.1 I think. Now every time I export I have to reimport to check everythings been included.
I've tried deleting my quickmount files and it did help to some degree but it still is really flakey.
One work around was to consolidate the media which did work the first couple of times but then it started throwing up errors about not being able to create or link to the new media ( sorry I can't remember the exact error message).
I've had a quick search for 'OMF Export' in the forum, I'm not sure if this a known problem.

Also on a different note, is there a shortcut for selecting the marker closest the cursor?

Many Thanks

Ben Wood
Big Bang Post Production
Last edited by Ben Wood on Thu Dec 17, 2009 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

fl

Re: OMF Export Error

Postby fl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 14:51

Ben Wood wrote:Also on a different note, is there a shortcut for selecting the marker closest the cursor?

There are the "Next/Previous Marker" or "Next/Previous Edit" menu items that can appear as buttons on the desktop layout. I don't think there's anything that will automatically jump you to the "closest" marker, regardless of direction.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13

Ben Wood

Re: OMF Export Error

Postby Ben Wood » Thu Dec 17, 2009 15:07

Thanks Frank,
I wanted a quick way to zip down the timeline and copy some cues and get back to where I was. I know the usual way is to create a new marker which becomes highlighted when you create it. But I've imported a CMX EDL which creates all my marker for me. It would be helpful to have a shortcut to select the nearest marker so I can quickly find my way back.

All the best

Ben Wood
Big Bang Post Production