CPU Question

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Donald S

CPU Question

Postby Donald S » Mon Feb 11, 2008 05:41

I read in the manual that a core duo is reccommended for V6. I have an older P4 3GHZ intel. Has anyone succefully put V6 on an older CPU?
Don Spaulding
Symphonic Sound Recording
WWW.SYMPHONICSOUND.COM

Silas

Postby Silas » Mon Feb 11, 2008 16:54

Hey Don!

Hope all is well. My understanding is that multi-processor cpus are needed for MassCore (which takes over a processor to pool the DSP with the Mykerinos). V6 on its own should run fine on other kinds of processors.

-S
Last edited by Silas on Mon Feb 11, 2008 21:42, edited 1 time in total.

Mario

Postby Mario » Mon Feb 11, 2008 17:24

Donald,

as far as I understand, Masscore is an option for the mykerinos based system not native. if this is your case, you don´t need to upgrade now your CPU

regards
Mario

john5247

Re: CPU Question

Postby john5247 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 02:07

I've struggled with v6.0 on a P4 for nearly a year and just bought a quad core PC and moved my Mykerinos card to it.
On inspection,the cooling fan on the sapphire graphics card in the p4 had jammed and melted! With the PC stuffed in a rack with a lot of other fans and drives going, no-one heard the little fan die.
Now I don't know if v6 without masscore was actually ok in a P4, or whether the graphics fault was causing all my problems!
the quad core motherboard, CPU, memeory and graphics cost 250 pounds - so it was probably worth doing anyway!

much cheer
John

John Egan
Recording Engineer
Royal Northern College of Music
Manchester
UK