Native and 2fs

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Silas

Native and 2fs

Postby Silas » Thu Jul 06, 2006 22:55

The website says that at 2fs there can be 12 audible editing tracks. Does this mean that I could edit a 24 track 96kHz project but only hear the 1st 12 tracks or is there a physical limit of 12 tracks max?

Thanks,
S

charlienyc

Re: Native and 2fs

Postby charlienyc » Wed Aug 16, 2006 22:47

Silas wrote:Does this mean that I could edit a 24 track 96kHz project but only hear the 1st 12 tracks or is there a physical limit of 12 tracks max?

Just curious - Did you ever receive a definitive answer on this?

Silas

Postby Silas » Wed Aug 16, 2006 22:52

Hey C!

Nope. - no answer. The silence is deafening..... :roll:

-S

Pierre-André Aebischer

Postby Pierre-André Aebischer » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:49

Hi,

The limit resides in the number of audio streams “nodes” allowed between the editor and the mixer.

It means you can have as many tracks as you want in the editor, but you can route only 12 of those into the mixer at 2FS. (24 at 1FS and 6 at 4FS)

This also means the mixer can have more than 12 strips, allowing connection of FX Returns, Internal busses, etc.

While we try to answer questions posted here as much as we can, this forum is mainly dedicated to users for sharing their experiences, tips, etc. The sure way of getting an “official” answer for a specific question such as the one above is to contact your local Merging Sales Partner or if needed, Merging Sales or Support directly, using the http://www.merging.com/contact/ pages of the Merging web site.

Kind regards

Silas

Postby Silas » Thu Aug 17, 2006 13:41

Many Thanks PAA!

This will be new info for my local sales partner as well as I tried that route originally. I'll be sure to pester Merging directly in the future when I stumble on to something they / we are not sure of.

I'm glad that there is no physical track limit!

Best,
Silas

Bernhard Guettler

Postby Bernhard Guettler » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:01

Hi Silas and all,

it looks like you are using PMX Native for your work also. Is the track limit for recording still 8 tracks, as the Merging website says?

Native could be such a nice location recording unit for as many tracks as your interface offers.

Best
Bernhard

Silas

Postby Silas » Fri Aug 18, 2006 14:41

Hi Bernhard,

I am using Native occasionally for editing but I was helping some friends build theirs when these issues arose. To the best of my knowledge the record limit IS 8 but I've never tried to do more.

Best,
Silas

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Sat Aug 19, 2006 09:37

Hi Silas and Bernhard,

A few months ago I did some 2fs recording with Pyramix Native and the limit was indeed 8 tracks. I'd love to see this become 16 tracks (and therefore 8 tracks at 4fs).

Best,

Graemme

Silas wrote:Hi Bernhard,

I am using Native occasionally for editing but I was helping some friends build theirs when these issues arose. To the best of my knowledge the record limit IS 8 but I've never tried to do more.

Best,
Silas
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"