Carte de son Digigram VX442 souncard

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Carte de son Digigram VX442 souncard

Postby jeamphe » Wed Sep 07, 2005 22:26

Quelqu'un utilise-t-il cette carte de son? Quelle en est la qualité sonore, les convertisseurs A/D? D/A? La latence est-elle acceptable avec Native? Merci

Anyone here uses this soundcard? What's the quality of the converters, the A/D? D/A? Wnat about latency, is it acceptable with Native? Thanks

jf
jeamphe

Postby gunthar » Thu Sep 08, 2005 00:58

Hi, salut,

Well I tested the proto of this card and the converters were Ok. don't know if they changed or not for production, but at this time they were really good, dynamic and really transparent.

never tried with the PMX native , but for the moment as we only have WDM drivers , don't hope any miracle , it will be at least 15-20ms.

I think however that you won't have to wait long to get better latency...

cheers
Ed.
gunthar

Postby jeamphe » Thu Sep 08, 2005 22:18

Thanks for the tip. Actually built-in soundcard (Creative) says 170 ms latency at 48k, which is terrible.
Version 5 should bring many improvements on that subject.
The Digigram VX442 offers 4 ins / 4 outs, the equivalent of the Lynx Two A and costs much less, but has no word clock terminals. That however is fine for my needs.
jf
jeamphe

Return to Pyramix Native