PMX Native & RME audio card: "Failed to init Direct

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

PMX Native & RME audio card: "Failed to init Direct

Postby Daniel Kemper » Wed Jul 20, 2005 23:09

Hi,

I just installed Pyramix Native, but when I try to start the software for the first time it says "Failed to init Direct Sound", then "Warning: Initialization error - Failed to init VS3" and finally "Some essential initialization has failed - Sorry, can´t continue...". After that Pyramix stops booting and closes itself.

My workstation uses an RME audio PCI card (Digi 96/8 PRO) with the current drivers installed. In the "VS3 Control Panel" the device appears properly as selected I/O device. Just for fun, I have tried to start Pyramix with a cheap Yamaha USB audio interface installed - and it worked.

Any help how to use the RME device would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Daniel
Daniel Kemper

Postby Donald S » Wed Aug 17, 2005 21:26

Daniel,

I had the same trouble with the VS3 at first. If the PC does not make contact with the interface that VS3 is set to, then it crashes. Also, the USB may be using a different driver. Anything marked "emulated" is an extra step that can cause trouble. I used WMD drivers and it worked well. I was using fireface, but the card should work just the same.

Don
Don Spaulding
Symphonic Sound Recording
WWW.SYMPHONICSOUND.COM
Donald S

Return to Pyramix Native