pyramix vs wavelab

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

pyramix vs wavelab

Postby eidlva » Thu Jun 02, 2005 13:24

HI I was in the AES convention last weekend, and I saw the two systems iin action but i'm not sure if the support is better in whitch.

The prices?? I think all this procucts are around 700 euros more or less, aren't them??

The thing is i'm only think in use one of them for mastering an audio edition, but i want spend the minimun money possible, ever with a good balance quality-money, for sure.

Thanks everybody
eidlva

Re: pyramix vs wavelab

Postby Graemme » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:14

Hi there,

I think that you have to determine how important the Pyramix editing tools and library functions are for the kind of work that you will do.

Wavelab is a great mastering programme - in a few respects, quite a bit better than Pyramix currently is - but as an editor, WaveLab is dreadful.

Now, where's that asbestos suit...

Best,

Graemme

eidlva wrote:HI I was in the AES convention last weekend, and I saw the two systems iin action but i'm not sure if the support is better in whitch.

The prices?? I think all this procucts are around 700 euros more or less, aren't them??

The thing is i'm only think in use one of them for mastering an audio edition, but i want spend the minimun money possible, ever with a good balance quality-money, for sure.

Thanks everybody
:wink:
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"
Graemme

Postby jonas » Wed Oct 19, 2005 05:13

Just curious what was better about Wavelab?
With respect,

Jonas Dainius Berzanskis
Silver Tortoise Soundlab
jonas

Postby Graemme » Wed Oct 19, 2005 07:52

...VST plug-ins dynamically assignable to clips.

As I understand it, this feature is under development for Pyramix (not in v5.0, but somewhere in V5.x).

Best,

Graemme

jonas wrote:Just curious what was better about Wavelab?
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

Graemme

Postby jonas » Wed Oct 19, 2005 16:27

OK I can see this for a compliation of sessions from a variety of mixes from various studios. Clip based VST is not as important as a good editing and pq program for mastering. What else was better about Wavelab?
With respect,

Jonas Dainius Berzanskis
Silver Tortoise Soundlab
jonas

Postby Graemme » Wed Oct 19, 2005 20:09

Hi Jonas,

About VST, I disagree...it's a very powerful and useful feature.

Otherwise, when I wrote about this in June, the pq editing was less 'buggy' in WaveLab, although there are 'workarounds' for these issues in v4.3.5sp3a.

I've been beta - testing Pyramix' version 5 for some time and would say at this point that I'm very happy with how the PQ editing works. This is expected to be released in a few weeks.

I do a lot of editing...and Pyramix is an extremely powerful and flexible editor. The learning curve can be steep and it's worth the trouble, in my opinion.

Best,

Graemme

jonas wrote:OK I can see this for a compliation of sessions from a variety of mixes from various studios. Clip based VST is not as important as a good editing and pq program for mastering. What else was better about Wavelab?
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

Graemme

Postby jonas » Wed Oct 19, 2005 21:28

All of my mastering has been on SADiE since 93 so VST has not been an option for my Artemis, and I plan to switch to Pyramix the first quarter of the year.

Which VST plugins do you use for mastering?

I have in my 64bit nuendo machine a UAD and TC powercore card, but I still like the DBX quantum I use with my SADiE.

I have wavelab for the non-profit so I am famliar with that as well.

What is your comparison of PQ editing with SADiE and Pyramix.
With respect,

Jonas Dainius Berzanskis
Silver Tortoise Soundlab
jonas

Return to Pyramix Native