Slow VST scan

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Slow VST scan

Postby fgoupil » Thu Jan 18, 2018 20:04

Hello all,

The Pyramix startup time is really slow since at least V10 (running 11.0.5) and now that I have an UAD accelerator, it's even worse because they install the full DLL collection even if you only buy a few plugins for their system... It there a way to fix this? Anyone also having this issue?

I'm running Pyramix Native Pro on both a Macbook Pro and a standard desktop PC.

Thanks!

François Goupil
fgoupil

Re: Slow VST scan

Postby fl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 15:46

Yes, some VSTs take longer for Pyramix to scan than others, such as Izotope plugins, which exist as dual files in your VST folder. If you have UAD plugins installed which you don't own, or just some plugins you don't use, create a "VST Unused" folder (or any other name you prefer, just as long as it is not registered in Pyramix as a VST plug-in location) and manually move them to it so that Pyramix doesn't have to scan them at every start-up. Of course, the next time you update your plug-ins, you should put the ones you moved out, back, before proceeding with the update, and once done, move the unwanted ones back out again.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.0.6/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.123
fl

Postby fgoupil » Sat Jan 20, 2018 19:36

Good advice Frank - I'll at least move out the plugins for which I don't have a licence. I still whish there was a way to deactivate VST scanning at startup since I still have a lot of them...

Thanks!
fgoupil

Postby fl » Sat Jan 20, 2018 19:47

Aw, it gives you a chance to relax and kick back, to ponder existence, life and your role in the universe, cook a nine course meal...
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.0.6/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.123
fl

Postby DJS » Sun Jan 21, 2018 08:48

I had this issue with v11. What seemed to fix it for me was to delete the following file.
"C:\ProgramData\Merging Technologies\Plugins\AvailablePlugins.pms"

Then restart PMX. It then writes this file again after one more slow scan. After that the scans are fast again.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia
DJS

Return to Pyramix Native