Buffer issues

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
fgoupil

Buffer issues

Postby fgoupil » Wed Nov 08, 2017 14:58

Hello all,

Am I the only one having major ASIO buffer issues with PMX Native V11? I'm using Pyramix with various sound cards (RME MADI-FX, UFX, pretty common stuff for PMX users...) and as soon as I put the ASIO driver's buffer at 1024 or above, the software refuses most of the time to either playback or record audio. I'm also seeing CPU spikes that I was not getting in version 10 even with rather small projects thus the need to raise the latency (not an issue for me) to avoid dropouts. What's going on?

Also, I'm still seeing media markers show through the track's headers in the EDL display. This minor bug was already present in V10 but apparently it was not solved in V11...

Any insight?

Thanks!

François Goupil
Société Radio-Canada

mpdonahue

Re: Buffer issues

Postby mpdonahue » Thu Nov 09, 2017 02:22

It's counter intuitive, but you need to lower the buffer. Try 256 or 512 and your problems will go away.
All the best,
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com