Dynamic Automation Buttons on Mixer Strips?

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
fl

Dynamic Automation Buttons on Mixer Strips?

Postby fl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 18:06

I've been trying to improve my understanding of Pyramix's Automation in version 11.0.4, but right away, I've come up against something described in the manual which I cannot reproduce with my Native installation. On page 399, it talks about Level 1 modes displayed as buttons at the bottom of each Mixer Strip, which would be a good way to both set and check current status, but for the life of me, I cannot see where these buttons are supposed to be located or how they can be made visible. I can access what seem to be the same controls by right-clicking on the various areas of each strip, but I think I'd like to have visible buttons available so I could see the status of all Mixer components at once.

Can anyone help me out?
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Guillaume Defer

Re: Dynamic Automation Buttons on Mixer Strips?

Postby Guillaume Defer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07

Hi Frank,

The automation modes defined per Strip at the bottom section of the mixer are acessible by clicking on the following button on the mixer, to switch between the Automation view and the I/O & VCA view

Best regards,
Attachments
AutomationIOVCA.png
AutomationIOVCA.png (26.04 KiB) Viewed 3751 times

fl

Re: Dynamic Automation Buttons on Mixer Strips?

Postby fl » Thu Oct 12, 2017 13:42

Thanks Guillaume, so it's a Toggle - how sneaky..., but I guess, if you're Automating, you're probably not recording, and vice-versa, so the toggle makes sense. Please tell Ricardo to include some mention of this in the manual.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15