Pyramix 11 - DSD - on iFi audio external interface

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
damiano

Pyramix 11 - DSD - on iFi audio external interface

Postby damiano » Thu Aug 10, 2017 15:52

Hi!

I would like to share how to set-up Merging's Pyramix (confirmed on version 11) to work with (almost) every external audio interface - working with native DSD.
System: Windows 10 with all latest updates.
It is based on iFi Audio iDAC2 USB interface - cheap, small but powerful interface with native DSD support

First off all you should download:
foo_dsd_asio
foobar2000
Jplay

Then:
1) install Jplay

in "Playing Via" choose your interface - important thing - it should support DOP256 and ASIO 2.2 in general.

2) Install foobar2000 and foo_dsd_asio and configure as follow:

it configure foo_dsd_asio to work with jplay by default - I think:)

3) in Virtual studio settings choose driver name: foo_dsd_asio

4) Start P11... it took a while but it starts:)

then you'll see active all DSD projects:

and all features are working and available:

:twisted:

OK - P11 interface needs some minor tweaking on mixer side - like channel routing to external interface or something but we get fully working Pyramix with DSD audio played back on cheap external audio interface.
I think it should work with almost all similar interfaces - try, configure and enjoy!
and let me know if it is work:)

I only noticed that when I start playing DSD file there are several drops at the very beginning appear - two+, but maybe I must do some other tweaks. Nothing important in fact:)

Regards!
Damian