Error message "Encountered an improper argument"

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 23:26

Error message "Encountered an improper argument"

Postby destinationsound » Wed Jul 12, 2017 23:00

We were doing some recording in DSD mode. Afterwards we did some editing on those tracks and were getting the error message "Encountered an improper argument"

at a certain point it was 20 of those errors in a row, as soon as you touched anything with the mouse it would go crazy, just had to quit.

Were using Pyramix ver 9.1.8 with a Hapi

Below are the notes from the Engineer at the time

I've started using the track assign capability on each track so that I can switch active tracks on and off so I can have way more than 8 tracks in a session (but only 8 can play at a time). I also turned on the one file per track feature so you don't get 5 or 8 or whatever channel interleaved files that you can't split up.

Yesterday when we wanted to record a second piano track the only inputs and outputs available without changing how things came up on the console were ch2 and ch8. It recorded fine but then I tried to move the files to consecutive tracks and change the outs to 2 and 3 instead of 2 and 8.

it was fine until I started editing and then those error messages came up

I didn't realize what was going on at the time

I figured out the workaround later that night. I had to DSD render it (which makes it a single interleaved file)

Concurrently we had another problem that may or may not have been caused by that error (I don't think it's related). When I switched back to DSD after DXD and reconfigured the mixer I got no sound out of the Hapi even though the mixer showed levels. A reboot didn't fix it
I ended up having to switch back and forth to DXD 2 times to get it back. It would play fine in DXD