video in timeline is drifting

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

video in timeline is drifting

Postby vinsondier » Thu Jun 22, 2017 16:24

Hello,
I have a serious problem playing video in timeline, using Pyramix 10.2 native std.
The video is drifting, becoming several frames late after a few minutes of playing. I use ProRes and DV25 as codecs.
I do not use any video card, only one of a graphic card outputs (AMD W4100).
Any idea (and sorry for my english)?
vinsondier

Re: video in timeline is drifting

Postby fl » Thu Jun 22, 2017 16:28

Make sure that the Timescale is appropriate for the video you're playing. Pyramix has a nasty habit of reverting to 25 fps every time you re-start it, so if your project uses video at any other frame rate, it will get out of sync with the Displayed Time Scale.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.0.5/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.122
fl

Re: video in timeline is drifting

Postby vinsondier » Fri Jun 23, 2017 17:39

Thank you for trying to help me, but unfortunately the answer to this problem is not this one. I'm in contact with Merging, it appears that my problem is in fact a bug, that hopefully will be fixed in a future version.
vinsondier

Return to Pyramix Native