Help with Pyramix concepts

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Help with Pyramix concepts

Postby Vini » Wed Feb 16, 2005 01:51

Hi Guys,
I'm a expierienced DAW user (PT, DP, Logic) and I'm trying to get my chops together on Pyramix.

Track & channel names.

Name a channel and the tracks that are assinged to that Channel get the same name?
So if you have DiaA, DiaB and DiaC on three tracks and send them to Ch 1 and rename that mixer channel DiaComp the three individual track names get changed to DiaComp. Why would I want my individual tracks to change their label?

File Names:

Having the ability to add specific text and incremental take #'s to your filenames is very useful, I have to use Quickeys to do this in PT and it's pretty much manditory for keeping film scoring sessions files organized and easy to find for music editors. But am I missing something in Pyra.
When I check the "Prefix with Track Names" in the Proj Info & Settings
the track names are shown in the session but when I look at the files in the media folder tha track name isin't included. Is there a way to get the track name stamped into the file on the disk?

Thanks Vini
Vini

Return to Pyramix Native