AMD RYZEN or INTEL for Pyramix v10

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
80bit

AMD RYZEN or INTEL for Pyramix v10

Postby 80bit » Wed May 17, 2017 14:44

hi
I have a plan to set up a computer, New generation amd s are very popular right now example amd RYZEN 1800X. But intel develops the i9 series.My curiosity is, Which gives the platform much better performance with native pyramix NEW AMD RYZEN or Intel ?
I will use very large native plugins, which platform is stable and faster with pyramix native v10.1 ?

thank you so much
Pyramix 11.1.4 Native with MTKey
Windows 10 64 bit

fl

Re: AMD RYZEN or INTEL for Pyramix v10

Postby fl » Wed May 17, 2017 15:23

If your plan is to run Pyramix Native, you should be aware that it will not take advantage of multiple processor cores (Merging's Mass Core is the only way to have multi-core processing with Pyramix), so basing a purchase on a chip having the greatest number of cores won't benefit you as much as one with a faster processor, but fewer cores.

On the other hand, there are some plugins which do use multi-core processing, so depending on where your work is concentrated - recording/editing or plugin processing - you may or may not benefit from choosing a processor with more than four cores.

Note that with the Ryzen and most probably the new Intel chips Microsoft will restrict you from running any other version of Windows lower than 10. While it will almost certainly change at some point, the "official" word from Merging is that Pyramix 10.2 is only supported on Windows 7 and 8. That said, many posters on this forum are running Win10 without problems (although I'm not one of them).
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

80bit

Re: AMD RYZEN or INTEL for Pyramix v10

Postby 80bit » Fri May 19, 2017 02:08

thanks
Pyramix 11.1.4 Native with MTKey
Windows 10 64 bit