New Apple MBP

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
stephanc

New Apple MBP

Postby stephanc » Tue Jan 31, 2017 21:48

Good day,

can anyone confirm the compatibility of Pyramix Native with the new, 2016 Mac Book Pro (13")? I am not at all convinced by the paper-esque keyboard of the new MBP, neither do I like the limited interface connectivity. But it is hard to find 2015 Retina, of which I understand that they are compatible. And there is simply the good feeling to buy the latest model for this huge amount of money. Thanks for any input!

Stephan
Stephan Cahen

sempre la musica
International Recording Services
& Music Production

scoreworkers - music for new media

GERMANY - SOUTH KOREA
www.semprelamusica.com
www.scoreworkers.com

fl

Re: New Apple MBP

Postby fl » Wed Feb 01, 2017 16:39

While many here are running Pyramix successfully under Windows 10, it is not officially supported by Merging as yet. As I understand it, the version of Bootcamp that is available for new Macs is set up to support Win10 only (and all that that entails). The other thing to consider is whether or not you will have to go through some chain of adapters to attach your audio interface, whatever that may be.

If it were me, I'd be looking for a refurbished machine from a few years ago (2011 or 2012) - more connection options, and compatibility with Win7 or 8, but I do understand the attraction of getting a brand new machine.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

stephanc

Re: New Apple MBP

Postby stephanc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 22:14

Many thanks, Frank!

That's valuable information, I didn't think of the problematic compatibility issue with the latest Bootcamp version, Win 10 and PMX. Actually, I do have a 2012 MBP, but I feel the horse is getting lame (minor and major hardware problems), the time might be come to shoot it. As said, I'm not even a big fan of the new MBP models, but, well, at least they are quite sexy.

Seems best to look for the 13" 2015 Retina version.

Many big thanks,

Stephan
Stephan Cahen

sempre la musica

International Recording Services

& Music Production

scoreworkers - music for new media

GERMANY - SOUTH KOREA

www.semprelamusica.com

www.scoreworkers.com