Artist Mix and Pyramix 9

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Artist Mix and Pyramix 9

Postby jkurtz11 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 22:51

I just picked up an Avid Artist Mix and am having some trouble connecting it to Pyramix. I first tried the new Eucontrol 3.5, but then found some conflicting information about what OS is supported. On the Avid site where you download it say Windows 7 SP1 and higher. On another page it says only windows 8.1 and higher. I went back to Eucontrol 3.3.1 which is the last version that specifically said Windows 7 and am still having trouble. I followed the procedure of creating the controller in pyramix, OASIS setting etc.... The artist mix shows up in the Eucontrol settings. It even says "Application: Pyramix On" in the settings. I can push the workstation/application button on the unit and it brings up the Eucontrol settings. There is communication, but the faders don't do anything on the mixer window. Is there something else I'm missing here? What exactly should I expect to see?

Pyramix 9.1.10 - Mastering pack - It says I have the OASIS economy key - Permanent
Windows 7 Pro SP1
Macbook Pro 17' 2011

Any tips would be appreciated.

Justin
jkurtz11

Re: Artist Mix and Pyramix 9

Postby jkurtz11 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 00:23

Just to follow up. It does work fine on the Mac side with Pro Tools 12.
jkurtz11

Postby Silas » Sat Dec 17, 2016 01:51

Hi Justin,

I seem to remember a fix was required for V9 and Artist Mix...? I found this from old correspondence - BUT please confirm with Merging before trying this...:

"Maybe a registry issue again. Could you try this.

1. Launch the Windows Run command (Windows + R)

2. Paste this line below in the command
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merging Technologies\Controllers\MTOASISTPortEUCON.dll"

3. Press OK and confirm the registration

4. Relaunch Pyramix.

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards
Ricardo"

-Silas
Silas Brown
Legacy Sound
MassCore 48 #1 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, i7-4590, 16 gig Ram, Pyramix V10.1
MassCore 48 #2 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, QuadCore, 16 gig, Pyramix V9
Native - Lenovo Laptop, Windows 7 64-bit, i7, 8 gig, Pyramix V10
Silas

Postby jkurtz11 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 01:53

Thanks so much Silas. I'll give it a try.
jkurtz11

Postby jkurtz11 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 02:24

Also just found this from a previous thread. Unfortunately the link is dead, but I'll try the manual method that Silas mentioned, unless anyone out there has the file.

The fix is as follows:

"Assumng that Pyramix is installed in its default location, download this zip file:
http://download.merging.com/beta/Suppor ... tEucon.zip
Close Pyramix.
Extract and run the .bat file, you should get a message from Windows telling you that the dll registered successfully.
Restart the computer.
The very first time Eucon is attached to Pyramix, the controller faders may not work (but the other functionalities will).
In that case reboot the system one more time, the faders will then always work."

In my case I had to restart a few more times after that before I found that it had worked. Jog/shuttle are very buggy at the moment but that definitely appears to be on the Avid side, not Pyramix. If I can fix that I'll post here again.
Sincere thanks to David Jacques for helping me with this. He also mentions that Pyramix v10 will not need this regist[/i]ry fix.[/quote]
jkurtz11

Postby jkurtz11 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 02:31

Scratch that, link is fine - http://download.merging.com/beta/Suppor ... tEucon.zip

I'll try it tonight.
jkurtz11

Postby jkurtz11 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 04:17

Worked like a charm. First reboot no faders, second reboot worked normally.
jkurtz11

Return to Pyramix Native