Pyramix can control a 2nd DAW (ex. Samplitude X) by MMC?

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Classic

Pyramix can control a 2nd DAW (ex. Samplitude X) by MMC?

Postby Classic » Tue Nov 29, 2016 14:51

Pyramix can control a 2nd DAW (ex. Samplitude) by MMC? I've connected two DAW by MIDI, through Midi Machine Control protocol: Pyramix and Samplitude X. Pyramix transport is controlled by Samplitude, instead Pyramix is not able to control Samplitude. I want use Samplitude as backup DAW.

Is there someone that can help me?

fl

Re: Pyramix can control a 2nd DAW (ex. Samplitude X) by MMC?

Postby fl » Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:33

I don't have an answer, apart from wondering if whether the problem is not with Pyramix sending MMC, but with Samplitude receiving it - but I do have a question: what is the advantage of running a second DAW, with the potential for creating ASIO problems as well as adding processing load to your computer? If all you need is a backup recorder, why not use the one that is included in Pyramix?
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Classic

Re: Pyramix can control a 2nd DAW (ex. Samplitude X) by MMC?

Postby Classic » Tue Nov 29, 2016 18:05

The problem is in Pyramix because the midi interface IN led doesn't blink (MIDI DATA OUT).