Hapi/Pyramix

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Hapi/Pyramix

Postby burns46824 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 18:46

I have an analog studio at home (console, 24-track) and I'm looking for the ultimate two-channel mixdown system. I've heard Hapi can't be beat. I know that, after I buy AD and DA cards for the HAPI, it will cost me about $6k. Does Pyramix have an additional price? It's such a boutique product, I have not been able to ascertain an answer! I'm curious about my overall cost.

I use a MacBook Pro.

Thanks!
burns46824

Re: Hapi/Pyramix

Postby Classic » Tue Mar 29, 2016 20:30

It's a bad idea:

HAPI
Max Line Input for 0 dBFS +24 dBu

I suggest Lavry or Prism.
Classic

Postby burns46824 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 22:16

Classic wrote:It's a bad idea:

HAPI
Max Line Input for 0 dBFS +24 dBu

Can you clarify? (I'm not a technician.)
burns46824

Postby klaukholm » Tue Mar 29, 2016 22:23

Quite a few people are using Hapi/Horus for your application, it works very well. I would not go back to my former Lavry,Prism and Myteks. Sold them all and never looked back after I got my first Horus.
Regarding Pyramix, I will send you a PM
klaukholm

Return to Pyramix Native