problem metadata master

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Little tribeca

problem metadata master

Postby Little tribeca » Tue Oct 06, 2015 21:16

Hello!

Here is my problem.

I generate a digital release including of course an mtff file, and also a pmi.

My problem is that if i save the TOC, the title are not complete and if i want to edit when i look at the title, it's an unreadable title which is in place...

I checked already 3 times what i put as track titles and nothing is wrong in my project.

If anybody had the same issue, could you advise what is the best solution?

Thanks

fl

Re: problem metadata master

Postby fl » Wed Oct 07, 2015 15:44

Little tribeca wrote:My problem is that if i save the TOC, the title are not complete and if i want to edit when i look at the title, it's an unreadable title which is in place...

Are you talking about exporting the TOC as a text file from DiskWrite? Have you tried Selecting (DiskWrite, lower right, third button), and then Previewing ("Print TOC" button in DiskWrite, then selecting "Preview" in the pop-up window, instead of your printer) via one of the Reports (defaults supplied by Merging as part of the Pyramix installer, found inside the "Reports" folder inside the Pyramix folder in your Program Files)? Do you still get the mangled Title that way? Are you talking about the Album Title, or the Titles of each of the cuts, or both?
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.1.5
Win7 Pro SP1 64
Bootcamp 5.1.5621
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.125

Little tribeca

Postby Little tribeca » Wed Oct 07, 2015 17:45

Yes it's still wrong text.

I make a lot of masters on Pyramix and it's the second time i have this problem. I still don't get...

fl

Postby fl » Wed Oct 07, 2015 17:52

When you say that it is "unreadable text" instead of the title, can you provide an example? How about a screen shot, or a copy of the report? While you're at it, take a screen shot of your CD Tab/Window in Pyramix, showing the data you've entered.
Native 11.1.5
Win7 Pro SP1 64
Bootcamp 5.1.5621

Little tribeca

Postby Little tribeca » Wed Oct 07, 2015 21:09

For example, if i want to edit my pmi image in discwrite, this what is written for title of track 1:

tø‚øø•øŠø@ø‚ø‡ø‡ø†ø•ø•øŠø@øŠøø@ø•ø‚øø@øŽøøŽø†øø•øø@øMø@ø†ø™ø•ø“ø‚øŠø•ø@ø…ø†ø@ølø‚ø@ødøøøø‚ø@ø…ø†øø@øø‚øˆøø

:)

fl

Postby fl » Wed Oct 07, 2015 21:46

What character set have you chosen in the selector in the CD/SACD Tab/Window in Pyramix?

ISO 8859-1?

Any accented characters or odd punctuation used in the titles themselves?

I've never seen anything like this, ever, so without further information, I'm at a loss.
Native 11.1.5
Win7 Pro SP1 64
Bootcamp 5.1.5621

mpdonahue

Postby mpdonahue » Wed Oct 07, 2015 21:50

Couple of quick questions.
1) what version are you running?
2) have you tried a different project to see if you get the same problem
3) Does the burnt CD have the correct text?
4) have you tried to do a repair install of Pyramix?

All the best,
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com

Little tribeca

Postby Little tribeca » Wed Oct 07, 2015 22:38

To answer your questions:

1) what version are you running? i run latest pyramix version 9.1.8
2) have you tried a different project to see if you get the same problem i do a lot of projects and it recently happened to one and now a second one, for no apparent reason
3) Does the burnt CD have the correct text? the burnt CD dont have the correct text
4) have you tried to do a repair install of Pyramix? i have not tried a repaired install as it works well on some other projects

Thanks

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Sat Oct 10, 2015 09:40

How are you entering the text used for CD-Text? Manually or cut/paste from a document, etc?

Are you using a project template for these problematic projects? In other words, is there something common to the 'bad' projects?

Here, CD-Text is fine in 9.1.8, except for the 'Genre' field which is truncated to 8 or 9 characters (will be fixed in 9.1.9).

I like Mark's idea to do a repair install of Pyramix.

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

Little tribeca

Postby Little tribeca » Sat Oct 10, 2015 20:57

I entered it first by copy and paste

Then when i saw that there was a problem i did it manually but still the same problem.

I don't use a special template, i do like i do as usual, nothing new compared to other projects which are fine with this. It's a bit of pity because the company which press the CDs wants to charge me 70 euros to put the CD text whereas it should just work normally...

I've done now a repair install but still get the same problem

I hope i will find a way...

Thanks for trying to help!

fl

Postby fl » Sat Oct 10, 2015 22:34

Just to test things, and possibly determine where the error is occurring, bypass the PMI stage by exporting a Report directly from Pyramix:

1. Open one of your problem projects.
2. Go to Main Menu > Project > Export...
3. In the pop-up that appears next, select "Report Printer" and click on "Export"
4. In the window which appears next, click on the "Browse" button, and navigate to
C:\Program Files\Merging Technologies\Pyramix Virtual Studio\Reports\CD TOC\
then select one of the Reports you find there, and click on "Print"
5. In the window which appears next, change the "Direct to..." field to "Preview", then click on "Start".

In the Report which appears next, are the selection titles still messed up?
Native 11.1.5
Win7 Pro SP1 64
Bootcamp 5.1.5621

Little tribeca

Postby Little tribeca » Sun Oct 11, 2015 20:47

Hi

I did what you told me and here it's fine!

So maybe the problem is from Discwrite?

Little tribeca

Postby Little tribeca » Sun Oct 11, 2015 20:52

To precise a bit more my problem,

If i look on discwrite, i open my pmi image, then on the right you see the "table of content", everything seems normal! but then when i save the TOC, the titles are not full and the worst is when i go to edit the pmi image, it writes me unreadable characters...

And if i do an album publishing i have the correct names, but still the problem is there and when i deliver the master i get charge to be able to have CD text...

fl

Postby fl » Sun Oct 11, 2015 21:37

Little tribeca wrote:So maybe the problem is from Discwrite?

Or perhaps something is wrong with the PMI you generate, but yes, it appears that everything is still alright within Pyramix itself.

Are you sure you are using the ISO 8859-1 character set in Pyramix's CD/SACD Tab?

The setting for this is about halfway down the long list of entry fields, in the lower left part of the CD/SACD Tab, under Tree Info > CD Disk Info > CD Text Character Set.
Native 11.1.5
Win7 Pro SP1 64
Bootcamp 5.1.5621

fl

Postby fl » Sun Oct 11, 2015 22:01

Little tribeca wrote:If i look on discwrite, i open my pmi image, then on the right you see the "table of content", everything seems normal! but then when i save the TOC, the titles are not full and the worst is when i go to edit the pmi image, it writes me unreadable characters...

And I'm guessing that if you generate a Report (instead of "Save TOC") using the method I outlined in an earlier post, you get the same result?

And if i do an album publishing i have the correct names, but still the problem is there and when i deliver the master i get charge to be able to have CD text...

Album Publishing from Pyramix, or from DiskWrite?

Is it just the Track Titles which are affected, or are other fields - like Performers, Composer or ISRC - also turned into gibberish?

How are you supplying your finished work when you deliver the master? Are you sending a disk, or are you creating a DDP?

If a DDP, are you using the DDP option in Pyramix (which is a paid add-on for some people), or are you using a third party program like Sonaris' DDP Creator?

As a further test, it might be an idea to use the free trial you can get with DDP Creator, to see if the problems with your CD Text come from within your PMI file (and therefore NOT from DiskWrite). You can download the program and try it for free for ten days:
http://www.sonorissoftware.com/catalog/ ... 2f2f0a7ab3

Import your PMI to DDP Creator, and then view your CD Text (be sure to look under "Title" not "File Name"). If it's alright, then your PMIs are okay and the fault lies with DiskWrite. If the garbled text shows up in DDP Creator, then there is a problem with how Pyramix is generating your PMI files.

In either case, you will probably have to contact the folks at Merging directly for some help sorting this out, and possibly replacing a program or component which has become damaged.
Native 11.1.5
Win7 Pro SP1 64
Bootcamp 5.1.5621