Edited: Truncated dialog box on VST Control Panel

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
emonteirobr

Edited: Truncated dialog box on VST Control Panel

Postby emonteirobr » Sun Sep 27, 2015 06:04

Dear Listers,

After a new installation of PMX 9.1.8 on W7 64_bit, I can't set the secondary audio interface, because the corresponding dialog box on VST Control Panel appears truncated.

Link to the image:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F ... hoto%2cjpg

Any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Eduardo Monteiro
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
Native Music Pack 9.1.10 Win7-64 Professional SP1 Horus on a Dell M4800 Laptop

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Re: Edited: Truncated dialog box on VST Control Panel

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Sun Sep 27, 2015 18:07

hi,
why do you choose MT asio bridge as driver ? could you choose an other driver ? (or installing asio4all).
I'm not sure if it is a part of the solution, but...

Best regards,
bernard (inho) ;)
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 X M2 Nvme for system; 1 X SSD for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.

emonteirobr

Postby emonteirobr » Sun Sep 27, 2015 18:38

Caro Bernardinho :wink:
Dear (little) Bernard,

Thank you for your reply.
I`m trying to have the on board audio working together with the Horus, so that I can monitor through one or the other just in case. (Horus on the stage and computer 70m distant from it, without running L-R back to the jail from where I operate.
I have ASIO4All already installed, and need the MT Bridge in order for both interfaces to work at the same time. On the former 32_bit installation, I was able to do it, but on the 64_bit installation, without reaching the bottom of the dialog box, it won`t work.

Bom fim de semana
Have a fine weekend

Abraço
Regards

(Eduardinho) rsss
Eduardo Monteiro
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Sun Sep 27, 2015 19:27

Caro Eduardinho, ( :) )

I think you can try this tip : choose asio4all as principal driver in the top of the dialog box, and only after you can active the MT asio bridge (or not). I reapet, I'm not sure but...
And if this problem persist, you can make a "repair" in "programs and functionalities"... because if it's a display problem, it's possible that there is a little bug(inho)
in the program. :)

Best regard....(inho)

bernardo
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 X M2 Nvme for system; 1 X SSD for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.

emonteirobr

Postby emonteirobr » Mon Sep 28, 2015 13:09

Dear Bernard,

Once again, thank you for your help.
I reinstalled Pyramix again with another display resolution set, but to no avail. It affects some other dialog boxes too, only not so seriously as the VS3 control panel.
I wonder, if someone knows about this possible bug and a possible solution for it.

Best Regard(inhos)s
Eduardo Monteiro
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Mon Sep 28, 2015 16:14

Have you tried this? From the installation manual:

Display Settings
Pyramix requires a minimum display resolution of 1280x1024 in 256 colors which MUST be set to small fonts
mode. We strongly recommend turning OFF the Aero feature for maximum performance.

There are a number of dialogs that are permanently damaged by this truncation. Mount for instance, but also Mixdown. The dropdowns are annoyingly truncated. Known request....for like....years. No idea why they have never done anything about this. Probably not important.
...Gracefully Ignored...

emonteirobr

Postby emonteirobr » Mon Sep 28, 2015 18:50

Hello J. Wajer,

Have you tried this? From the installation manual:

Display Settings
Pyramix requires a minimum display resolution of 1280x1024 in 256 colors which MUST be set to small fonts
mode. We strongly recommend turning OFF the Aero feature for maximum performance.

There are a number of dialogs that are permanently damaged by this truncation. Mount for instance, but also Mixdown. The dropdowns are annoyingly truncated. Known request....for like....years. No idea why they have never done anything about this. Probably not important.

Thank you for your help.
The native resolution of my display is 1366 X 768. It was first installed under this resolution. After this, I have reinstalled many times with various resolutions, and also using the same monitor and resolution (1280 X 1024), with what my first 32 Bit installation works without this kind of problem.
Aero and all Windows tricks are totally disabled and color was set to 16 Bit, with characters also set to minimum. And things keep the same.
If someone has experience installing PMX 9.1.8 under W 7 64 Bit on a Dell M4800, it would be nice to hear his or her experience.

Best Regards
Eduardo Monteiro
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Mon Sep 28, 2015 19:36

Well, your screenshot definately shows Aero, and also some fontsmoothing. There is something wrong in the config of your machine. My setting look totally different...uh...raw.

...Gracefully Ignored...

emonteirobr

Postby emonteirobr » Mon Sep 28, 2015 20:37

Hallo again J. Wajer,

Sure, at first I acknowledge I wasn't aware it was an Aero theme, but since then I disabled it.

It now looks like this:

http://1drv.ms/1NXItle

I will try to get the Pyramix cleaning tool. May be some information gets stuck with unistall

Thanks again for your help

Warmest Regards
Eduardo Monteiro
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

DJS

Postby DJS » Mon Sep 28, 2015 23:02

It is the font size setting that is overflowing the dialog. Can you set your fonts back to 100%?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... maller?v=t
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

emonteirobr

Postby emonteirobr » Tue Sep 29, 2015 03:44

Dear David,

Thank you very much for your input. In fact it gave me the inspiration I needed to discover the workaround that gave me the access to the VS3 dialog box.
The font size was already set to 100%, but I thought I could make it bigger and then smaller again and may be things would turn back to normal.
Setting it to 125% in fact made the box bigger, not the text, therefore accomodating the text better than before.
I attached then an external monitor, so that I could finally reach all the controls in the dialog box.

May be it's a bug. You can see the screens I saved

This is the box with 100% (small text)
http://1drv.ms/1YL7lBP

And this is with 125%
http://1drv.ms/1VnkCw6

Well, the secondary ASIO is up and running

Thank you Bernard, J. Wajer and David for your help

Best Regards
Eduardo Monteiro
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil