PMX Sounds great - buffer settings?

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

PMX Sounds great - buffer settings?

Postby Donald S » Tue Sep 28, 2004 06:59

Hello,

I am very impressed with pyramix's DAE. Far superior to any that I've tried thus far! Being a former PT guy, I'm new at this buffer setting feature. I did have a problem recording in reverb from an outboard lexicon. The file did not stop recording, but did have 2 drop outs, and was split into 3 regions with some funky time distortion. The send was out a SPDIF and returned via an analog input. I expected some latency, but not a file with missing time. I have the buffers set in the middle (in the general settings) and at 1024 in the interface. Can an incorrect buffe setting cause such a result?

Best Regards,

Don Spaulding
PS - to Silas - I hope to get this taken care of before we meet!
Don Spaulding
Symphonic Sound Recording
WWW.SYMPHONICSOUND.COM
Donald S

Postby Pyromanic » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:46

Yes...I'm not familiar with the behaviour of the native version but I think it should be the same than the DSP related version.
You should try to play around with the buffer settings, to find the optimal position for your system and disks. A too big buffer can cause drop outs as a too small can do either. Especially in an IDE environment.
Try to vary the recording block size, also.
Keep the buffer window down at the bottom of Pyramix in eye to see the behaviour at least during playback.
best regards

Pyromanic
Pyromanic

Return to Pyramix Native