Pyramix Native vs Others..

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Postby Rustami » Fri Apr 22, 2005 15:24

benoit wrote:hi rustami,

- no librairies in nuendo, which i use a lot in pmx to store portions of edited material, among other things

You mean something like AKAI DD1500 cues (that can be multitrack, with sync point?). Agreed, I missed this one, but you can load several projects at once and easily make the same thing. Or you can create project that can be your "library storage" and drag and drop any number of "libraries" into it.

But I hope, this will be implemented.

- you don't see what you do when you crossfade until you've had overlapped and hit X

I don't quite understand this. How can you see crossfade on not overlapped events?

- i find the "phantom" (transparent)-view of trimmed media extremely usefull in pmx for easy orientation - doesn't exist in nuendo

Maybe I mixed up something, but Nuendo has transparent view of events. If you need view like in AKAI DD1500 - use fixed lanes mode.

- nuendo's crossfade-editor in indeed a nice step compared to the old one, but still not on the same level as pmx' one

Can't comment this one. Need to try.

- the lane-concept in nuendo is quite limitating. i prefer a lot the way pmx handles the tracks-to-mixer connections: route as many tracks as you like in a single strip without thinking about which layer is not going to be heard blablabla

You can ruote any number of tracks on one strip. Missed something againg? I like lanes in Nuendo. Very easy to combine the perfect take.

- and of course the whole pq'ing thing. i'd go mad when doing classical music in nuendo and wanting to give roughs out of some hundred takes (with indexes of course) to the artists...

Do you have Nunedo 3? I mean RENAME function?

but i jaleous many other fonctions that nuendo has been offering from the start...especially the whole midi- and notation-thing and the very opened plugins-handling.

cheers,
benoit

Thanx for this. Btw, what about offline processing with history and ability to exclude any step from it, clip based editing (volume handles, for example), network implementation, cycle markers, ability to move markers like regular clips (so I can move markers with clips) that I have in Nuendo?

Good luck!
Nuendo 3.02, OSX 10.3.9., DUAL G4 867, 1GIG of RAM,
Rustami

Postby benoit » Fri Apr 22, 2005 16:23

"You mean something like AKAI DD1500 cues (that can be multitrack, with sync point?). "

...no. if you're using pmx, you'll know what librairies are! ;-)

"I don't quite understand this. How can you see crossfade on not overlapped events?"

...sorry, i was not clear: when you want to crossfade in nuendo, you move a clip onto another one and hit X.
in pmx, you press ctrl while dragging a clip onto the oder, seeing the waveform changing while you move.

"Maybe I mixed up something, but Nuendo has transparent view of events. If you need view like in AKAI DD1500 - use fixed lanes mode."

...when you trimm a clip (an event), you don't see the left-over material anymore - right?
in pmx, you can see what you have trimmed away in transparent mode, which makes it very easy to navigate and find cues in already trimmed stuff.

"You can ruote any number of tracks on one strip. Missed something againg? I like lanes in Nuendo. Very easy to combine the perfect take."

...yes - but what i meant was: in NU, overlapping events will cut each other, or i am missing something?

"Do you have Nunedo 3? I mean RENAME function?"

...yes, i have NU3 - but we are not talking about the same thing. what i mean: after a classical (or jazz) session for ex., i often end up with hundred of fragments. the goal of the day: i'll give cd's of the rough material to the artist or producer for them to prepare the edits and make some preliminar decisions. in pmx, i PQ the material automatically (2 mouse-clicks), bounce a cd-image straight from the timeline and go have a coffee.
doing the same thing in NU takes me hours, bouncing one take after the other - or indexing a long file in another application.

"Btw, what about offline processing with history and ability to exclude any step from it, clip based editing (volume handles, for example), network implementation, cycle markers, ability to move markers like regular clips (so I can move markers with clips) that I have in Nuendo?"

...it's all there, & you'll find bunches of new stuff in the upcoming version 5.
btw - what about conforming or digitizing in the background in NU for ex.? ;-)

but again - merging, give me realtime audiowarp, midi & vsti's! ;-))

cheers,
benoit
hochschule der künste bern
musik & medienkunst / studioleitung
www.hkb.bfh.ch
benoit

Postby Rustami » Mon Apr 25, 2005 09:41

benoit wrote:"You mean something like AKAI DD1500 cues (that can be multitrack, with sync point?). "

...no. if you're using pmx, you'll know what librairies are! ;-)

Is pool not the same thing? BTW, I'm not using Pyramix. I told that I like Pyramix, meaning, that I saw it in the work. Btw, I've downloaded the manual of Pyramix and have to say, that programs are pretty similar (have the similar ideology), so I hope, Steinberg and Merging will
unclude best features of each other in the future release. ;)

"I don't quite understand this. How can you see crossfade on not overlapped events?"

...sorry, i was not clear: when you want to crossfade in nuendo, you move a clip onto another one and hit X.
in pmx, you press ctrl while dragging a clip onto the oder, seeing the waveform changing while you move.

Ah! Now I see... Yes, that would come in handy ...for somebody. I don't really need this. I suspect, this will be implemented.

"Maybe I mixed up something, but Nuendo has transparent view of events. If you need view like in AKAI DD1500 - use fixed lanes mode."

...when you trimm a clip (an event), you don't see the left-over material anymore - right?
in pmx, you can see what you have trimmed away in transparent mode, which makes it very easy to navigate and find cues in already trimmed stuff.

Againg, nice feature, that I don't need. BTW, you can trim in this way if load Sample editor (yea, yes, not so convinient ;))

"You can ruote any number of tracks on one strip. Missed something againg? I like lanes in Nuendo. Very easy to combine the perfect take."

...yes - but what i meant was: in NU, overlapping events will cut each other, or i am missing something?

Yes, but that is the concept of lane mode. This makes sence.

"Do you have Nunedo 3? I mean RENAME function?"

...yes, i have NU3 - but we are not talking about the same thing. what i mean: after a classical (or jazz) session for ex., i often end up with hundred of fragments. the goal of the day: i'll give cd's of the rough material to the artist or producer for them to prepare the edits and make some preliminar decisions. in pmx, i PQ the material automatically (2 mouse-clicks), bounce a cd-image straight from the timeline and go have a coffee.
doing the same thing in NU takes me hours, bouncing one take after the other - or indexing a long file in another application.

You are right. Great feature. But I can't get one thing - that artist or producer will work in Pyramix too? I mean, he will recieve Pyramix session?

And you don't need to bounce every clip, just save project to new folder with "remove unused files" and "minimize audio files " checked. Then burn cd.

...it's all there, & you'll find bunches of new stuff in the upcoming version 5.
btw - what about conforming or digitizing in the background in NU for ex.? ;-)

I guess it (conforming) will be included into Nuendo 4.

but again - merging, give me realtime audiowarp, midi & vsti's! ;-))

cheers,
benoit

Yes! Do it, Merging! :)

Again, you have really nice program. Unlikely to PT, I sympathize with Pyramix.

Good luck
Nuendo 3.02, OSX 10.3.9., DUAL G4 867, 1GIG of RAM,
Rustami

Postby benoit » Mon Apr 25, 2005 18:46

...no. if you're using pmx, you'll know what librairies are!

Is pool not the same thing?

...you can do with librairies what you do in NU's pool, plus many other things.

"But I can't get one thing - that artist or producer will work in Pyramix too? I mean, he will recieve Pyramix session?"

...no - you'll burn the images, they will get audio-cd's - as pmx is a mastering DAW too.

cheers,
benoit
hochschule der künste bern
musik & medienkunst / studioleitung
www.hkb.bfh.ch
benoit

Previous

Return to Pyramix Native