V 9.0.9 strange behavior (64bit)

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

V 9.0.9 strange behavior (64bit)

Postby RickTarrant » Tue Sep 09, 2014 00:24

In previous versions I could bypass automation on plugins by clicking the R/W buttons. I see in V9 that the plugins revert back to Read & Write mode when the project is closed and re-opened.

Also - (I was hoping this would be fixed in 9.0.9) upon reopening a project created in V8 I find strange plugin behavior - like all parameters of my Oxford Dynamics turning all the way counter-clockwise as I move down the timeline.

It does not appear to do this in newly created projects.

Another strange thing:

My INTERNAL BUSS RETURNS lose connections every time I hit STOP. I reconnect and hit Play. But the connection is lost at Stop.

Is anyone else seeing this in V 9.0.9 ?
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 11.0.6 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220
RickTarrant

Re: V 9.0.9 strange behavior (64bit)

Postby RickTarrant » Thu Sep 11, 2014 18:29

Just in case anyone else runs into this - I'll post what I've discovered so far.

Regarding the READ/WRITE buttons I received this from Merging support:

"We do see the problem with the Read Write button in the VST plugins, it does not seems to be saved correctly.
Issue MT6153 entered in our database"
---
Regarding the weird plugin behavior: I think this is because my previous projects used 32bit plugins
---
Regarding the Internal Buss Returns:

In previous versions of PMX when adding Internal Returns to a strip the monitoring automatically switches to INPUT and stays in INPUT mode. However in Version 9 on my PC - the strip does not switch to INPUT but stays in AUTO mode. Therefore no audio passes through while in playback. Now that I know to manually change it to INPUT - I can manage. Not sure if there is a conflict with my motherboard or software or what...
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 11.0.6 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220
RickTarrant

Re: V 9.0.9 strange behavior (64bit)

Postby RickTarrant » Fri Sep 19, 2014 14:43

Well it turns out that the VST plugins continue to act strangely, making unwanted parameter changes, but I was happy to learn that I can ISOLATE just the plugin section of the mixer strip with a right-click. Essentially that is what I was doing by disabling the Read/Write buttons.
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 11.0.6 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220
RickTarrant

Return to Pyramix Native