ProTools to Pyramix

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
3dB

ProTools to Pyramix

Postby 3dB » Tue Apr 29, 2014 20:20

I have a ProTools (10.8.0) session, 24 tracks with roughly 70 takes, each in its own playlist. For editing purposes, I'd like to find a relatively painless method of getting this PT session into Pyramix. (Client has Pyramix Native 7).

AAF doesn't support playlists, so that's a no-go. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Last edited by 3dB on Wed Apr 30, 2014 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

Graemme

Re: ProTools to Pyramix

Postby Graemme » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:10

http://www.aatranslator.com.au/

Works...in a roundabout fashion.
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

tim

Postby tim » Wed Apr 30, 2014 14:48

Hi Graemme,

I hope things are well. So...could you expand on this just a bit? I have exactly the same need coming up, and was about to give up & edit the whole project in PT. Several of us routinely come away from PT tracking sessions with an armload of sessions with playlists, and are dying to know a good way to get everything into Pyramix - with the playlists intact. Does AATranslator really work?

Thanks
Tim Martyn
Phoenix Audio
Glen Rock, NJ
www.phoenixaudiollc.com

klaukholm

Postby klaukholm » Wed Apr 30, 2014 20:16

One way to go is to to record interleaved files in pt and just copy over the files.
Another way is to not record into playlists.

Frankly, this is why our company has both HDX rigs and PMX Masscore rigs - we even have a Nuendo rig for one client who insists on editing in cubase.

If you want to edit in pyramix, then record the original session in PMX.

tim

Postby tim » Thu May 01, 2014 04:51

Thanks Kjetil. Some good advice, we all love tracking to Pyramix but in the real world it is not always an option - nor is "not to record into playlists". Esp when recording to picture, and/or when recording overdubs.
Tim Martyn
Phoenix Audio
Glen Rock, NJ
www.phoenixaudiollc.com

klaukholm

Postby klaukholm » Thu May 01, 2014 07:11

It is not that long ago that one would walk away from a film dubbing session with a "linear" group of files/takes recorded on something like a Radar.
That being said in these types of projects, editing from playlists is a huge timesaver even with the stoneage crossfade editor in Protools

Perfect Record

Postby Perfect Record » Thu May 01, 2014 19:24

Are the PT files timestamped in a way that they can be dropped into playlists in Pyramix at the proper position? Yes, I know it would be a long setup time, but as someone who really can't stand editing in Pro Tools, that would probably be my first choice.