Windows install, ASIO driver not working

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Windows install, ASIO driver not working

Postby jlamar » Sun Jan 19, 2014 00:47

I just installed W7Pro and PMX demo on a 2.8GHz quad-core i5 iMac. Unable to run PMX - here are the error messages I get:
"VS3 error: Failed to attach to ASIO driver
Warning: Initialization error
failed to init VS3
Some essential initialization has failed
Sorry, can't continue..."

I am not using (nor do I plan to use, nor do I want to have to use) any external interface. I am going to load pre-recorded files into PMX (so no need for audio inputs) and mix in stereo (so only need one stereo output) and would like to monitor through the onboard optical out (to external d/a). When I try to configure the asio driver no in/outputs are selectable. Any advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks,
Jamey
jlamar

Re: Windows install, ASIO driver not working

Postby fl » Sun Jan 19, 2014 01:19

In all likelihood you will need to install the 3rd party resource "ASIO4ALL" - http://www.asio4all.com/ - to enable Pyramix to see your computer's internal audio hardware. If you set it up to mute all incoming channels, you should be able to play back higher sample rate material. ASIO4ALL is limited to 48k SR for input, which limits output at the same time. It's only when you disable the inputs that this frees up the sample rate speeds.

Once installed, use the Pyramix VS3 Panel (in your Start Menu) to point Pyramix at ASIO4ALL, then you should be good to go.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.0.6/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.123
fl

Return to Pyramix Native